Online booking for summer holiday.

Guest's review of Holiday Gems - www.holidaygems.co.uk

“Online booking for summer holiday.”

Written on: 31/07/2013

I made an online booking with HolidayGem (for the first time)yesterday afternoon and promptly received a confirmation email. I felt very happy then about my booking. However, I received a call the next day to let me know that actually, the flights I had booked were full up and that we had to pay extra to make sure that we could get on them. Otherwise, we had to change the airport (much further away)and change the airline or look for another destination/holiday altogether!
I feel that I should really have been told there and then, the same afternoon, that the flights were fully booked. I have to say that I was dismayed and disappointed. Also, I had tried to ring "HolidayGem" yesterday afternoon but calls cost 10p/minute and as I wasn't getting through to someone straight away, I gave up. I do think that it is very poor to make customers pay through the nose for the privilege of calling the travel agent to make a booking!

Agent Finn(n° 104)was however very helpful and did her best to sort out our holiday. She was very efficient and her efforts have been much appreciated. So our warm thanks go to her.

I just feel somehow "cheated" by the whole experience as our holiday ended up costing quite a bit more than we expected and I am nervous about doing future bookings.

A.