Disgusting

O'Rourke143's review of Holiday Discount Centre www.holidaydiscountcentre.co.uk

“Disgusting ”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by O'Rourke143 (1 review written)

DO NOT BOTHER CALLING DISCOUNT CENTRE UK!!!
We just booked All inclusive for 2Adults 3children to costa brava flights:Ryanair at 1,400 we went ahead and paid 440 of my partners credit card.we made sure we asked all questiond wether there were any admin fee charges,boarding pass charges etc and asked if it was the final price the lady said yes. Now they had my partners credit card details he phoned the next day with more questions to ask he was getting passed to different ppl to then they told him his reference was not right this is what they gave him they tracked him by his last 4digits of his credit card strange at this point there were doubts so he carried on and asked if there would be extra fees? Is it the final holiday price? She said No you will get charged extra boarding passes etc to this point he demanded to speak to there manager she said he's busy and hung up still its doddgy!!! He called back demanded again to speak to there supervisor he got throught my partner said look im not happy with the service and admin team and i nolonger want to goahead with the holiday he said you wont get your money back and said the payments already gone through 440.00 so he said ok he told my partner you want your money back you need pay the oustanding balance 1400 really?? Not a chance!! My partners called his creditcard instant cancelled them getting any transaction and blocked my credit card i will get my depposite back. Please anyone these are from another country and such rubbish not worth stress they need reported and investigated doing this to ppl also can i add if this was with a travel agent you have a 7 day cooling off period to cancel this is all doddy!!!

Hdcadmin's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

Hello,

May I firstly say how sorry I was to hear that you have been experiencing problems with an advertiser featured on our Holiday Discount Centre comparison website.

Holiday Discount Centre is a holiday price comparison site therefore we do not take bookings directly. However we do follow a strict code of conduct and also have regular compliance checks in place to monitor our advertisers.

I must ad that you do not get a 7 day cooling off period with any travel agent.

Could you please email me with the advertiser you contacted and I will make sure your comments are passed onto their senior management team for investigation.

I would like to assure you this matter will be dealt with once your email has been received.

Kind Regards

Vicky Liddle

PR Representative - HDC

Ahlem8's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2014

Lol, I just called the 01133 number given twice. I asked for exactly the same hotel and was given 2 prices which differed by about £40. I am fairly certain the call was directed to an Indian call centre, I had difficulty understanding the first operator. I really don't mind if the operator or was in India or Timbuktu but I do want honesty when I ask the question "where are you based?" They insisted they were in Luton but 01133 is a Leeds number. Suffice to say I did not book the hotel even though they did give me the best price I found today.