Dredful!!!! Complete lack of customer service

Guest's review of Hays Travel www.haystravel.co.uk

“Dredful!!!! Complete lack of customer service”

Written on: 09/11/2012

I don't normally write reviews but this one came in top of the pile for bad experiences and definitely warrants it. I would not recommend using this company, unless you like to be treated like rubbish and paying for nothing but the pleasure of

What a joke - selected a transfer through them which was all booked through the site we were booking our holiday through. Upon arrival into our destination we were advised, by the aforementioned company, that our hotel would be faxed with the details of our return trip 24 hours prior to our flight time. On our last day (our flight was at 4am the following morning) we had still not received anything so contacted Hays from the hotel reception only to be advised that THEY thought our flight was the following day and that it must have been an error on the website (I'd like to point out that all of the other booking forms were correct!). The good news is that we managed to sneak onto the Thomson coach and make it back for our flight!

When I emailed them on my return it took over a month to get a response where I was advised that I would not get a refund because apparently WE are the ones who are supposed to ring and confirm with them when we are supposed to be picked up. Correct me if I am wrong - is this the service these guys are selling??!!! I tried in vain to email screenshots of booking forms from the website to prove that it was simply that they had got it wrong and to accept when they had made an error. They would not accept responsibility at all. It was a lot of 'I'm sorry YOU feel that way' and 'YOU have misunderstood' etc etc. How difficult is it to misunderstand 'your transfer company will contact you 24 hours before'??? Never have I come across anyone who makes such a blunder and then tries to put the blame onto me!

Put it this way - if I could have given them half a star it would have been a generous rating!!! What awful customer service! Will not be using them again!!! in ANY circumstance. I could be stranded in a desert with one of these guys offering me a free ride home and I would run..... screaming.... as fast as possible