bad as it gets

Guest's review of Fly.co.uk www.fly.co.uk

“bad as it gets”

Written on: 20/01/2014

This is the second time I used them, the first one last year was for my 16 year old grandson travelling alone. They changed the flight details over and over and ended up offering him a flight to America with so many long layovers it was a 28 hour journey when we rejected that they gave us one on a different day. Sorted it out eventually and yes it was a great price so I sucked it up. Decided to try them again......... big mistake. If something sucks the first time I should have learned.
I tried today to book a flight for my son but half way through the checkout process I was basically booted off the last page of checkout and returned to the find a flight page. I thought what the heck and went to Expedia and got the same flight 20 pounds cheaper and booked it. Imagine how surprised I was when half an hour later I got an email telling me that my booking request had been made and confirmation would be available in 24 hours. I contacted my credit card company and found that they had made EIGHT CHARGES FOR $1.65 AND TWO FOR $16.46. I authorised the card company to dispute the charges and not allow the flight charges. Eventually got an email from the company offering to cancel it for 100 pounds. After a whole bunch of emails back and forth and another call to the credit card they wrote and said that the flight was cancelled, but gave me no explanation of why they had tried to charge me an additonal $50. It was their website that had a glitch not anything I did. I book half a dozen flights a year so I know what I am doing. I feel like they tried to rip me off. If you have a problem dont try calling the number for customer service. I tried at least 10 times and every time was told that there was no such number. Thanks to great customer support at Capital One I will not be out of pocket but certainly this bunch of fly boys tried hard to do it.

Susuandmo's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2014

Seen many comments about how cheap they are and I agree but found the same flight on Expedia cheaper and I felt much more comfortable with them. I wrote this review because I spent half a day on the phone or computer calling the airline and credit card and sending many emails back and forth. Since I wrote the review I had one email saying my order was cancelled then an hour later saying they were stilll going to charge me 100 pounds. Good luck with that is my response. I had not completed checkout before their website had a glitch and they want me to pay. Err no.