Fly.co.uk www.fly.co.uk Review

unhappywithflyscum's review of Fly.co.uk www.fly.co.uk

“I cannot believe that they are legally allowed to...”

Written on: 07/04/2013 by unhappywithflyscum (1 review written)

I cannot believe that they are legally allowed to operate. I booked a flight with them and they rejected my card and asked me to send a scan of my passport and my bank card as proof of ID. Obviously I refused due to the risk of fraud.My bank informed me that fly took 1p out of my account to check it was active. So, why did they say there were problems with my card? Perhaps because they are lying scumbags. I then informed them that I would not be able to go ahead with the booking and they want me to pay a cancellation charge of £100. I have been researching online and this seems to be their routine way of doing things. There must be some way of getting this disgusting organisation closed down forever.

Alialip's Response to unhappywithflyscum's Review

Written on: 08/05/2013

OOOOh I have just had a similar experience. How do they get stopped??

Unhappywithflyscum's reply to Alialip's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

I have asked my bank to investigate the matter on my behalf. Their fraud prevention team is looking into the matter now. You can't do anything alone, so you'll need a bigger organisation to help you. Other options are the citizen's advice bureau ( but they are UK based and fly.co.uk are a German outfit . So, the EU consumer watchdog. might be a good option. If the bank can't resolve it, I am considering contacting the police and putting in a claim. I am also considering contacting a newspaper- 'German company rips of Brits'- The Sun would have a field day!

Bang99's reply to Unhappywithflyscum's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

same experience! could you please tell me what you did & whether you got your money back finally?