Terrible customer service! Think twice before using them!

vicfgh's review of Fly.co.uk www.fly.co.uk

“Terrible customer service! Think twice before using them!”

Written on: 30/01/2013 by vicfgh (1 review written)

fly.co.uk
Terrible customer service! Avoid at all costs to book with them!
I had a very serious family emergency in the middle of December and to try and get to my family abroad in the space of less than a day. Went to their website and thought I had booked my flights. I was wrong and only found out the following day that my credit card had not processed the payment as this company had flagged up some alert in their system. After I clarified it with my credit card company, I attempted to pay but was informed by flu.co.uk that the booking had not been kept and that there were no seat available on that flight any more. This not only caused me a great deal of distress and worry at the worst time possible but when I finally managed to find a flight, it was significantly more expensive (around £200 extra to the original price).
I complaint to the company for not having informed me promptly of the denial of the payment, as any other company would do. They claimed to have sent me an email and have this confirmed in their records. I never received that email and they were not able to send me a copy of the email with a time and date stamp justifying this with long-winded explanations about their complicated email system.
I requested my complaint was escalated and had not heard from anyone else to date.
VERY DISAPPOINTING AND UNRELIABLE COMPANY

Mahmoudwagih's Response to vicfgh's Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

This website is an absolute nightmare. I was checking prices on it and to get the final price (including the card charges) they ask you to put in your card details. The fact that this site is advertised by Google was a reassurance for me but I was wrong. The website has produced a screen saying that my card has been debited and not only that but 140 pounds that were not in the initial charge advertised. I contacted them and it was such a task (they don't reply to the emails until few days, their phone charges are horrendous). They pretended that it was a regular legitimate sale and offered a refund without specifying the amount or the date. I forgot to say that was 2 months ago and nothing has been refunded yet. My bank has been useless so far. I waas surprised to find out that there is a very large numbers of negative reviews about them and still Google endorses them despite the way they rip off their customers. Even the Guardian has highlighted this ongoing problem.