www.flycheapest & their invisible tickets

Guest's review of Fly Cheapest - www.flycheapest.co.uk

“www.flycheapest and their invisible tickets”

Written on: 27/02/2013

If you’re looking for appalling customer service, continual deception, obstructive behaviour, a litany of excuses, unanswered emails and long line of promises to return calls never being kept, then flycheapest is probably the travel company you’re looking for. They also specialise in invisible tickets after making their customers think they have a confirmed booking and after having paid a very large amount of money. In my own experience, the tickets didn’t exist in the first place.

Flycheapest have large credit card fees, and indeed even charge for using a debit card. This inevitably funnels people towards using a direct money transfer from bank-to-bank. However, I would STRONGLY urge anyone using flycheapest to resist going down this route. First-off, you have no viable method of compensation in the event of a problem. A credit card company will take up the fight for you and refund you in full should you not receive what you have paid for; it will also doubtlessly lead to bad companies eventually losing their credit card facilities. The main thing, though, from the customer’s point of view, is that you will hand over a large sum of money with no guarantee of ever getting anything back in return. I personally am now fighting to get my money back from flycheapest but am currently out-of-pocket by nearly £3,000.

Flycheapest are not members of ABTA and so you have little or no redress should they fail to provide you with flight tickets. Their company, World Reisen Ltd of Uxbridge, are listed as members of ATOL. However, it is not clear whether flight tickets booked through flycheapest are protected through ATOL or not. If using this company, I again strongly advise that you check and receive full verification that your flight ticket will indeed be protected by ATOL before you pay them anything. You also need to understand what that protection means in real terms.

My personal experience with flycheapest is just about the worst service I have ever received from any company anywhere in the world. The lack of honesty is the main real problem with them. They have continued to lie to me beyond reason and my money has disappeared.

But the only travel that flycheapest seem interested in is "flying by the seat of their pants". They don’t treat their customers properly, and look to take potential customer's money without having tickets available.

There are so many travel companies figthing for business, and so my advice to all customers out there is to choose a company who will treat you properly and who will provide what you have paid for. Unfortunately flycheapest is just not one of these companies.

Raveesh's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2013

Hi Mate,

Did you ever recieve ur ticket or money?

i faced to the same insident :(

please advise me

Cheers

Dear Raveesh,

Kindly give details of your reservation and the amount of refund, and since when is that pending.

If your concern is genuine, please give facts and details rather than giving vague info.

We assure immediate resolution of your matter if you write us on following email with correct details.

Dear Raveesh,

Written on: 04/04/2013

Kindly give details of your reservation and the agent who made the reservation for you,

Eddiebass's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2013

This is obviously flycheapest's simple idea - to ask for details to make it look like these genuine reviews are not quite so.

I am the one who made this review. The company knew all too well what my details were and they kept stonewalling me.

I am happy to report that I did eventually get my money back - but I had to apply an enormous amount of pressure to get it.

I contacted ATOL (their parent company World Reisen Ltd are members) and reported the fact that they had taken my money. I also reported the fact that their receipts did not comply with ATOL standards and requirements.

I contacted BBCs Watchdog and gave them my story about flycheapest.

I went on every review site that I could find and told the stoy of my experience. I then emailed flycheapest the links to those reviews!

I threatened them with legal action, including the fact that I would employe a private bailiff to come and visit their premises in Uxbridge.

Basically, with a company like this, you just have to keep ratcheting-up the pressure until it becomes too uncomfortable for them to keep your money.

It was extremely stressful for me and my family - and for anyone else going through similar problems with flycheapest, you have my heartfelt sympathy.

I would also urge this review site to more carefully vet the short five star reviews here as I suspect that they are all from flycheapest themselves and not at all real.

Written on: 12/04/2013

Dear Eddiebass,

Thanks for revealing your identity.
I have checked our records and your case has been settled long time back with your mutual consent. We never received any call from ATOL or BBC regarding your alleged complaint. And all the reviews related to our company are as genuine as yours.

We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.