No compassion

Guest's review of Fleetway Travel - www.fleetwaytravel.com

“No compassion”

Written on: 13/04/2014

Had booked 8 nights accomodation in Lanzarote with Fleetway Travel for March 2014 however my father in law took ill 8 days before we were due to go on holiday so we were unable to travel as planned. I contacted Fleetway 6 days before our travel date and explained our tragic news but we were told we would not receive any kind of a refund so i enquired about postponing the booking to a later date but again this request was refused. I am so disappointed with this response and feel there was no compassion at all shown to us from this company. We were not looking to cancel our holiday for the sake of it and had been so looking forward to it but circumstances outwith our control led to us staying at home with my father in law who unfortunately passed away 10 days after he became unwell. Would not book through this company again nor recommend them to our family and friends. Our flights through Ryanair were transferred to a later date without any problems at all -- well done Ryanair for being so understanding through a very difficult time for my husband and myself. Very poor customer service from Fleetway Travel.

Lynnwhite's Comment

Written on: 15/04/2014

Thank you for the above review although I do regret the dissatisfaction that you have outlined above. At Fleetway Travel we do our utmost to ensure that we offer you exemplary service and therefore I am sorry if we fell short on this occasion. By way of explanation, we are bound by the cancellation fees levied by airlines and hoteliers and it may be for this reason we were unable to offer you a later date. If you would kindly email us this will enable us to look into this matter.

Kind Regards