BBB accredited, great site & fare backed by customer service

Desa's review of FareBoom - www.fareboom.com

“BBB accredited, great site & fare backed by customer...”

Written on: 09/08/2014 by Desa (3 reviews written)

For over two weeks, I researched air fares for international travel before I stumbled on fareboom, which I had not heard of before. I did some research online and found that they were Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited with an A+ rating. Further, their parent company is Best Travel Store, which I had previously heard of and which has a physical location in California. With this information, I knew I was dealing with a reputable company. Nevertheless, before I booked my ticket, I called their number to "test" their customer service; I spoke to their Operations Manager who was pleasant and courteous. He was the kind of friendly and helpful travel agent that is rare to find these days. Having had a pleasant overall experience, I went ahead and booked my ticket.

I must mention that the price I paid was slightly higher than a few other online sites. But those other sites were neither BBB accredited nor had a good BBB rating and I did not want to take any risk. Finally, I would like to add that I found the fareboom site to have a "clean" uncluttered design, and their "best value" option uncovered low fares that I didn't otherwise find on other sites.

To conclude, their outstanding customer service, nice web site with great fares, and reputation (BBB accreditation with A+ rating and parent being years in the travel business and having a physical office location) all contributed to my having a great experience with this company. In fact after I purchased my ticket, I called their Operations Manager, and again had such a pleasant customer service experience (to me this matters the most next to a good fare) that I will return to their site whenever I look to purchase air tickets again.

I usually don't go through the trouble of writing too many reviews (and that too just for buying an air ticket) but after such a positive experience, I want to share my experience with others, who like me initially, may only have just heard of fareboom.