Incompetent & the worst customer services on the planet

Blackhawk7117's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Incompetent and the worst customer services on the planet”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by Blackhawk7117 (1 review written)

We booked our summer holiday this year to Croatia with Expedia. Never again. We tried to book the holiday online, but for some reason it would not complete the booking so we had to start the whole booking from scratch on the phone. We spoke to one of their representatives who didn't have a great grasp of English and appeared to be from somewhere in the Far East. It was a slow and painful experience. The crowning moment was when I came to pay. I was told that I had to pay a surcharge for using a debit or credit card. I refused to pay the surcharge for using my debit card and was told that if I paid now they would refund the surcharge the next day. Lie number one, despite numerous emails to their woeful customer services they refused to refund the surcharge. Lie number two was about the flight. We didn't want a budget airline where there are a lot of hidden charges. So, guess what they booked us? A budget airline where we have had to pay for seats, baggage, meals etc on top of what I thought were expensive seats anyway. I had no idea that Monarch had joined ranks with Ryan Air. Also, despite having gone through the names of the travellers at least three times carefully spelling them on each occasion, they still got them wrong. When I emailed the customer services department, their response was that it was up to me to change the names with airline.
It is rare that you come across such complete incompetence these days, but Expedia have it by the spade full. And not just incompetent, deceitful as well.