AVOID EXPEDIA AT ALL COSTS

notahappycamper1's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“AVOID EXPEDIA AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by notahappycamper1 (1 review written)

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA FOR ANYTHING!!!! This is my first and last experience with Expedia. Firstly, when I called to book, I kept getting told that the price was going up by the minute due to decreasing availability. The consultant made an error with our booking date which fortunately, I discovered as soon as confirmation email arrived. I called back immediately, but they would not alter it, but we were assured that if it was their error they would fix it AFTER they listened to the voice recorded phone call. Even though we were due to fly out the next week, they would not do this immediately. After several phone calls by me over 2.5 days with people who were to get back to me, finally one person agreed to listen to the conversation and call me back with the outcome. He did actually call me back. Yes it was their error, but then to change the booking they insisted that they take our credit card. I try to refuse this as I did not trust the company and asked instead for a full refund of the trip. Of course they would not refund me and would not make the flight changes without our card. I spoke to supervisors but was not able to be put through to anybody higher up the chain. I tried to hold my ground by insisting they pay for the changes directly to the airline, but they refused. We were not given any choice. The booking was made on the Monday afternoon and amended on the Thursday morning - each time I called I spent ages on the phone. By Thursday, the advertised prices was showing $1000 less than what we paid, and even while I was arguing with them on the phone about not using my credit card again to correct the booking, I was again told that the price would increase if I delayed payment.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD DEALINGS WITH - WORSE THAN DEALING WITH TELSTRA - I DID NOT THINK THIS POSSIBLE. DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO THINKING THAT YOU WOULD BE PUT THROUGH TO AUSTRALIANS WITH "EXPEDIA AUSTRALIA".