THEY DEDUCTED MONEY I DECLINED TO

JaseClark121's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“THEY DEDUCTED MONEY I DECLINED TO ”

Written on: 03/05/2014 by JaseClark121 (1 review written)

I tried to book a package holiday online with Expedia and could not get anywhere. Error messages & links would not click or work. Tried the online chat to try reslove but that was cut off before anything could be done. Phoned up afterward & found a man said that THE SYSTEM IS DOWN. Decided to re telephone and a woman answered this time & I thought we might be getting somewhere.But she came up with a different price. I agreed as it was less. £1,388.61 She had to open an account for me put my number forward & then told me the price had gone up to £1402.11 then she asked me if I accepted this rise and I said yes so she put my credit card details in again & Then she told me that it would not go through & the price had suddenly changed to £1600 plus. At this point alarm bells rang and I told the lady that I had been given 4 different prices for the same holiday & did not wish to continue with the booking as it was too much now. I told the lady not to use my credit card again & cancel any attempts. She understood & said She could not do that anyway as the numbers are wiped. She advised I retried for the cheaper price the next day & then she told me that if I tried again I might end up getting my card blocked. The conversation ended.
I decided to book elsewhere that same day. My faith had dropped in Expedia. The day after though I found that my credit card had been charged by Expedia for a holiday. The holiday that the woman had told me could not go through. Of course I am having the stress now of trying to sort this out with the credit card company & explain things to them and also I have written to Expedias Customer service. Not sure how that will go, but I have saved what was possible to prove my case & even the error messages on their site. Lets hope get a fairer response than other users have had.