Buyer BEWARE! Important

Josephinem1948's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Buyer BEWARE! Important ”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by Josephinem1948 (1 review written)

I booked a flight for my husband and I in March 2014 to LA. Through the Expedia website, I received confirmation via email on the booiking. On my flight out I was told that Expedia had double booked us on the same flight and to check that I had not been charged twice. I checked my visa statement and sure enough we had been charged twice!the cost of $ 1150.00 !
I called the customer support team informing them of my dilemma, the agent on the phone could hardly speak English and I had a very hard time understanding her. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours most of the time waiting on hold as I was transferred over from one agent to another, then I was finally told they needed more time to resolve the issue and that I would be contacted via email. I was contacted later by email, and informed that it was not a website area and NO REFUND would be processed!!!! I was absolutely incensed that I have been robbed by expedia through their error not mine and expected to just "suck it up!" So please be aware of the"sharp and underhand practice " of this company as I would not like anyone else to suffer the same experience!