A professional & helpful company to deal with

Guest's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“A professional and helpful company to deal with”

Written on: 28/04/2014

I booked a package with Expedia for 4 Adults, but before final payment was made, one of the party was diagnosed with cancer and needed to undergo treatment.
I telephoned Expedia to cancel the trip and was told that I needed to pay the full amount before cancelling. They told me that we would get the hotel and transport vouchers payment back, but only part of the airline taxes (£79 per person) which I had agreed to when I originally booked - I could have paid extra to the airline for more cover.
I was unsure about paying up front, but had no choice, so I telephoned back; paid, then cancelled.
I received all monies back into my account within a week except for the airline taxes which are sent directly from the airline. I received this payment approximately 6 weeks later (as expected.
I have to say that I was dealt with in a professional, friendly and helpful manner during all conversations with Expedia's representatives and if the lines were busy, the website would advise you to call back. Overall. for the four adults, we lost a total of approximately £450 - I heard of a tour operator last week who gave nothing back to its customers. Really pleased with Expedia and will definitely use them in the future.