Poor front-line service

Expedia-user's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Poor front-line service”

Written on: 06/11/2013 by Expedia-user (1 review written)

Expedia is a good web site. But the front-line service is not up to the standard.

Expedia has "Best Price Guarantee" policy. Basically, it would match pricing with other lower offers within 24 hours of your purchasing. That is where I have poor experience recently.
First, I have to submitted an application online which I did. Since the web site does not say which email I should use so I used the traveller (not me but purchase was through my account). Then traveller forwarded me the an email from Expedia saying I used an inconsistent email from my account. It was not clear if my submission got rejected or not. For safety, so I resubmitted it. But this time other website with lower pricing offer has change to a higher offer which would make my claim invalid !
I do not understand why I have to use my email address in the claim since I have to log in to submit the application in the first place. The website should tell people whose name/email/tele to use. The email should also be clear on acceptance or rejection.

So I called Expedia and talked to 4 people including a "manager" named "PJ". I had a hard time to explain to him so he can understand the Expedia web site should be more clear etc… In the end, he gave e a bunch of "BS". BTW, it (background noise) sounds like all the services are outsourced.

I asked to speak to him manager which I did. His manage is from USA and listened to my story carefully and understood well. He gave me the credit in the end.

I spent about a hour on this.