Worst liars!! Whatever happened to customer service???

Guest's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Worst liars!! Whatever happened to customer service???”

Written on: 11/09/2013

Yesterday I was on the phone booking a trip to Cabo with an expedia agent when I pulled up Orbitz and the same flight, hotel etc was $100.00 cheaper per person. I was booking 6 all together so that was quite an amount. I asked the rep about is and she replies "we price match so after your booking I will transfer you to customer service and they will issue you a refund by tomorrow and you get a $50.00 credit for each booking". Sweet...it's that easy I ask??? Yes...no gimmicks, no games, no paperwork no calls to your company and supervisors its really that easy. Yes. she replies. So after my booking and all is done she transfer me to the customer service department for me to be told. "We don't do that here I am not sure what she was talking about you need to go online and request a price match" Are you serious! I just spent and hour booking with this lady and she has promised me something which I doubted from the beginning as nothing with Expedia has ever been easy. I complete the form and receive the following back...now my question is what does the cancellation policy of the competitor have to do with the price??? Consumers beware!!!

Thank you for contacting us about your Best Price Guarantee claim for your package reservation.

Your Best Price Guarantee request does not meet the criteria established in the terms and conditions:

- "The Best Price Guarantee is available only for exact itinerary matches, for example, the specific airline, hotel (including room type), ship and cabin category, rental car company and vehicle class, applicable refund policy, and the exact same dates and times of travel or service as booked through Expedia.com."

We checked for the same exact itinerary on the competitor's website and determined that the change and cancellation policies listed on Orbitz.com does not match the change and cancellation policies on your Expedia booking.

Expedia.com change and cancellation policies:

- "The airfare in this package is non-refundable. Credit may be issued as per applicable airline policies less airline change fees."

- "Expedia packages can be canceled according to the cancellation rules of the individual components making up the packages."

- "You may cancel your hotel without affecting your other travel item(s)."

- "Tickets are nonrefundable. A fee of USD200.00 per ticket will be charged for itinerary changes after the tickets are issued, provided that the booking rules were followed."

- "Cancellations or changes made after 12:00 AM (Central America Standard Time) on November 24, 2013 are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees."

- "Cancellations or changes made after check-in on November 27, 2013 are subject to a hotel fee equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation."

Orbitz.com change and cancellation policies:

- "Cancellations of your Orbitz Package will incur a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will depend on when you cancel. You may only cancel your entire Orbitz Package and not any individual component. See our booking terms and conditions for more details or call our Customer Service Team at 1-888-656-4546."

- "Changes to your Orbitz Package after the time of booking will incur both change fees and any additional amount attributable to any increase in price of your Orbitz Package that result from the changes. Changes are subject to availability and to restrictions and limitations imposed by airlines, hotels, and other travel providers. Some airline tickets cannot be changed. See our booking terms and conditions for more details or call our Customer Service Team at 1-888-656-4546."

For your reference, you may review the terms and conditions of Best Price Guarantee at "http://www.expedia.com/p/info-other/guarantees.htm?mcicid=hp.bpg".

If you believe this decision is in error, please attach the necessary documentation that refute the missed criteria listed above and forward this e-mail to "bpgreview@expedia".

We appreciate your patience.

If this does not answer your question or solve your problem, feel free to reply to this message or call us at 1-800-EXPEDIA (1-800-397-3342) or 1-404-728-8787 (for callers outside the U.S. and Canada) and reference case ID: M-5447448.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.