TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FALSE INFORMATION!!!

Guest's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FALSE INFORMATION!!!”

Written on: 30/08/2013

THANK YOU EXPEDIA for a July 2013 vacation turned disaster! For our 2 week vacation, we booked some of our hotels through Expedia; some were ok and some were not, but some were just a place to sleep for the night. HOWEVER, we were looking into staying at the Teton Village in Wyoming for 6 nights. BEFORE booking any nights at The Inn at Jacksone Hole, I called the hotel directly to answer some questions I had; I wanted to make sure there was a frig so we could buy food for a few days so we could eat at the hotel and that it had a kitchenette and 2 beds as there was 3 of us. We were planning on spending days at Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, but I wanted to make sure day trips were doable for Yellowstone before booking. I was told that it takes about 60 minutes to get to the southern entrance of Yellowstone. So, we figured that would work. I went back to Expedia, (where the hotel looked very nice) and booked the room for 6 nights. (my mistake for not checking reviews of Teton Village before considering the area). This was supposed to be our last 6 nights of vacation and was looking forward to day trips to Yellowstone and returning to the hotel for dinner and the evening....what I wasn't told was it took 2 to 3 hours to get to any of the major sites at the park. Nevermind the fact that the hotel itself wasn't as it appeared on Expedia's website; it was dark and dingy, outside in need of several repairs, carpet very dirty, terrible shower, very small refrigerator, 2 chairs at table, no lighting in kitchenette, 1 bed and 1 sofa sleeper, terrible parking arrangements to name a few. After the 1st night, we could see that it was way too far to Yellowstone to be driving everyday. I contacted Expedia and I was told (3 times) that as long as the hotel told us it was ok to check out early and that we would be refunded the nights not used and there would not be additional charges or fees, I went to the front desk of the hotel and asked the clerk the same questions; I was assured that I wouldn't be charged for nights not used and there wouldn't be any extra charges or fees. So, I booked a different hotel after the 3rd night (took that long to find another hotel), went to the front desk in the morning and again confirmed that it was ok to check out and we would be refunded for the nights not used. Again, she assured us that was so; we had to call Expedia at that point and have them talk to her and again was told it was ok to check out. So we proceeded to do so. After checking out, she called her manager and said well, there might be a little charge for checking out early. At that point, I knew I was totally screwed!!!!! This all happened after 5 calls to Expedia (to people who spoke broken English...go figure...and didn't know what they were talking about). After speaking to Expedia supervisors who did NOTHING....nice that they don't stand behind their product, and the hotel manager who laughed at me when I asked if they didn't book that room after we checked out (you know they did)I contacted my lawyer and am now taking this to small claims. Hotel misrepresented itself and Expedia misrepresented the hotel! What a terrible experience! I'll NEVER use Expedia again!!! Beware of customer sevice with Expedia; book directly with the hotels and make sure you get all specifics first!