Buggy web-site with suspicious practices

Guest's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Buggy web-site with suspicious practices”

Written on: 23/08/2013

I recently tried booking a Hawaii vacation package through expedia japanese web site. Didn't get very far. I browsed the offers and tried booking one by clicking the "book" button fully expected to be redirected to a sing in page just as I do with Amazon and other services. (As a first time user I wasn't signed up yet). But every time I clicked on a tour I was redirected on a page telling they couldn't process my request and instructing me to redo my search.

I signed up for an account hoping it would solve the problem, but on the contrary I experienced more problems trying to sign up for an account - not being able to select "new account" option etc. Eventually I did manage but by that time I was exasperated by the poor web-page interface and decided not to book through Expedia after all.

In fact, I decided that I don't want to have an account at such poorly managed web site so I proceeded to close my account, but after clicking on account closure link I was redirected to a page telling me I have tried to access the page I don't have the authorization for!

After googling about the issue I found that it was a common complaint and that contacting the customer service is of no help. After that I have changed my e-mail address setting to an disposable address just in case, as the buggy web site gave me little confidence in it's security.

I regret signing up in the first place, but luckily, I haven't inputed any of my personal information in the account (credit card, passport info etc.).