stranded at the airport!!!!!

MR.Kemp's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“stranded at the airport!!!!!”

Written on: 21/08/2013 by MR.Kemp (1 review written)

Me and my family of 4 most recently took a vacation to Orlando Florida..
We booked our flight and rental car through Expedia..at the time of booking I had spoken with a Expedia representative and informed them of the number of travelers and the amount of luggage we would have...the representative promised me "verbally" And Via Email that the rental car we were booking would be able to accomidate 5 adults and 5 pieces of luggage.(1) for each passenger...when we arrived to the rental cars booth at the airport, the rental company representative told. Me that based on the package I booked they get to determine the size of the car I get! And the car they were going to give me was the smallest car in their fleet..which does not seat 5 passngers or our luggae..and if we wanted a car that could accomidate us..we would have to pay an additional 60.00 dollars a day...on top of what we had already booked for through expedia..I nor my family had any additional money to pay these extra referenced fees..so I started calling expedia in order to make good on the confirmation that I had received from their rep.FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS I got HUNG UP ON transfered put on hold tranfered again..passed around and around and around,,,I constanly asked to speak to a representative from the united states...I was told from the personel in the phillipenes that they could not do that..and my issues were not with expedia but with the car rental company and If. I couldn't find a solution ,,I should cancel the car reservation and get. A car from somwhere else.....