Do not use expedia!

Guest's review of Expedia - www.expedia.com

“Do not use expedia!”

Written on: 02/07/2013

I booked my vacation on June 26th 2013 the receipt was sent same day. I also received a confirmation on June 28th 2013. This confirmation said that "You do not need to reconfirm any of the information provided below." These are your company words (I can send you the e-mail if you need to see it) We got to the hotel and someone came of and asked why we were there. I told her, we made reservations through expedia and she told me that expedia was suppose to contact me about the closure. I called expedia and sat on hold forever while he confirmed what I had already told him but added that expedia would not penalize me for switching. Then he said maybe he could find us another place so again we waited. then he said that there was some place and it did not sound very good and there would be a bit of a price diffrence it was 329! we booked at the HYATT for 125! He told me I had to stay on the line with him or I would be charged for the room, I told him that at this point my anniversary is ruined I've missed my dinner reservations and I was tired of standing in a star bucks on the phone with him and now that Expedia had not done there job and apparently just wants me to be on hold for my 1 day vacation with my husband on our anniversary. The phone call was 45 minutes with moustafa and he was not helpful at all. I could not believe that your staff was so unhelpful and think they need to have better policies and procedures in place. I am extremely disappointed with expedia.