False information & cheated on exchange rate refund

NeetaB's review of Euro Bookings, www.eurobookings.com

“False information and cheated on exchange rate refund”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by NeetaB (1 review written)

We made a booking for a dog friendly hotel in Western Australia using this number. It was booked for the dates we needed it , but the operator asked if she could book us elsewhere in the same town. We specified it HAD to be dog friendly. She said yes of course. She found us a room in a hotel. I asked her two or three more times was she sure we could take our dog, as this is an unusual request in Australia. We were assured it was ok. We were also asked for full payment over the phone, and that a 100% refund was guaranteed. A few days later I rang the hotel to confirm the booking, only to be told they definitely DID NOT take dogs, and never had. As this town is a 7 hour drive from where we live, we would have been in trouble if we had relied on the advice of eurobooking staff. I had no choice but to cancel. Two days later the amount was taken OUT of our account and showed up as a US amount converted into Australian Dollars. The next day, there was a credit made back INTO our account, but it was $42.50 less than the original amount. The problem was the exchange rate from US dollars to Australian dollars was different on two consecutive days. To me, this is not a 100% refund. They still owe us $42.50, based on their fault by giving us false and misleading information regarding our booking, and at NO point were we told we would be charged in another currency! Beware beware beware. Don't use them and don't trust what they tell you.

Neetab's Response to NeetaB's Review

Written on: 12/10/2013

I am happy to report eurobooking.com have refunded me a further $40.03 (AUD) following my complaint. Wouldn't mind an apology or comment from them regarding the mistaken information given to me from their booking agent too...but happy to have the refund, even if it is not quite 100%.

Eurobookings_Customer_Care's Response to NeetaB's Review

Written on: 14/10/2013

Dear Neetab,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We are glad that you got your refund, and hope that you will experience a better service from us in the future. Thanks again.

Kind regards,