It may go well, but WHEN IT GOES WRONG, IT GOES VERY WRONG

Guest's review of Ebookers www.ebookers.com

“It may go well, but WHEN IT GOES WRONG, IT GOES VERY WRONG”

Written on: 24/03/2014

Two months ago I would have recommended ebookers, because I had used them many times without problems. However, last month they had apparently a problem with their payment system. This problem caused my booking to be paid four (!) times instead of once. I was shocked when I found that out, but even more shocked when I found out about their catastrophic crisis management:
1. No recognizable efforts from their side to show that they take the problem seriously and to make up for it, very long waiting times (longer than they announced) for any reply at all.
2. When I asked about the long waiting times, they said that they had many customers with similar problems. OK. But why did they then not even publish a small note on their website?
3. When I finally got some money back, it was less than it should have been. They did not refund the credit card fee, let alone any interest rates or at least a symbolic compensation for the time I had to use on it. No further explanations from their side, and no answer to my question why they didn’t refund the whole amount.
Bottom line: It’s not worth the hassle. Book through the airline directly.

Visit ebookers.com