Do not purchase

Guest's review of Cruise Miles - www.cruisemiles.com

“Do not purchase”

Written on: 14/07/2013

I have similar issues as the previous reviewers. I started purchasing their vouchers 3 to 4 years ago and has cruised once with them without any problems. I have spent about $5000 purchasing a few vouchers for myself and as gifts. However, this company converted the vouchers that I paid for into miles and keep inflating the miles that needed to purchase a cruise. The value of my vouchers have depreciated 90% since purchased and can book nothing with that amount now. This company has very limited inventories and is very hard to book. Two out of my booked cruise were deleted and the miles refunded are worthless.
I purchased a NCL Epic 7 nights Mediterranean balcony cruise for July 2013 and totally paid for in January 2012, using the vouchers/miles purchased from them. They refunded the original miles ( which worths nothing now) and promised that I can cruise in an inside room for free. I have emailed them to ensure that I would be on this cruise prior to purchase airfare and hotel accommodation. After many emails and the help from my voucher agent, their representative finally sent an email to confirm that I was on the list. However, 2 weeks prior to sailing, they still have not sent me the confirmation number and NCL stated that no reservation can be found under my name. This company does not respond to emails and has no contact phone numbers. I ended up paying another company to purchase the same cruise since I already spent a fortune on non-refundable hotel and airfare and had vacation time arranged. After I sent them the bill, they emailed me saying that my cruise was deleted due to I have not completed a name change form. I have never changed any names and this company is so disorganized. I told them I will take legal action if they don't reimburse me. I do not recommend anyone using this company.

Anotheripoff's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2013

Hi, I have had the same problem, a cruise booked a year ago, dozens of emails sent asking questions, only to get a reply saying no rooms were available on the cruise last week. No reply to dozens of emails over the last year. I contacted the company who owns the cruise line, and they said cruisemiles at no time booked a room for the cruise they sold me.

I am from Australia, but have had advice on starting a class action, so if anyone out there is interested let me know. Lets not let them get away with this.

Neicie's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2013

I am going thru this problem right now. I have had no reply to my emails and can get no help from support. They just pass the buck to reservations who never reply. Luckily I have not yet booked airfares as I am also in Australia. I think that they are in financial difficulties myself. They are only about 5 cruises currently available and more seem to be being auctioned for millions of points.

Karikita's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2013

Hi there...I would be very interested in seeing if some of our dollars can be re-couped...I am sick of the continual excuses...no company runs a business like this

Rosed24's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2013

Exact same thing happened to me. I was booked on NCL Epic and they claimed that there were no cabins. I have filed a complaint with IC3, a partnership of the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. Their website is IC3.gov
I am encouraging everyone to file. Maybe we will get some action if there are enough complaints. If you check the website Pissedconsumer.com you will see dozens of others who were cheated too.

Dinkydi's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2013

Hi, I am in the same situation. We had a cruise booked for April this year which was cancelled. Lost airfares from Hawaii to Australia, not mentioning the loss of money with CM. We also purchased a balcony on the Azamara Journey for January next year to now find balconies are deleted but everything else ok.
We also had a sailing from Auckland to Sydney in March 2014. The
updated sailings stated all ok for March except 3 NCL. I booked an airfare based on that posting from admin. The other day I checked again to find ours had been deleted and Cruise miles returned. This equates to about $12,000AUD down the drain as well as airfares etc. I am more than happy to be in on any action if it is possible from Australia.