Do Not Use

drewrell's review of Cruise Miles - www.cruisemiles.com

“ Do Not Use”

Written on: 02/07/2013 by drewrell (1 review written)

I purchased 3 rainbow vouchers 3 years ago, for just over $1000 AUD, when a rainbow voucher would get you a short 3 -4 day cruise ( so buying 3 of them you would think I would be entitled to at least a 1 week cruise). Once they changed from vouchers to cruise miles, my vouchers became worthless. They transferred into 172000 miles. Any cruise of around 7 days now is over 500000 miles.
I have sent numerous emails and posted on the forum asking for help, but they deleted my forum posts and never answered my emails.
For the value of the cruise miles I can purchase cruises cheaper from my usual travel agent.
My miles have now expired so that was a massive waste of money.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT IS A RIPOFF.

Ozziebroad's Response to drewrell's Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

Hear hear. I bought Rainbow vouchers and agree that they have devalued to almost nothing. Also the range of cruise offers is very much depleted, they have deleted one of my booked cruises without ANY notification [but claim they sent an email- rubbish].I have emailed countless times asking for some form of compensation but no replies.I have another cruise booked for 6 weeks time and as yet have had no roll check, no booking number or cabin alotted.I have emailed countless times and had no re-assurance other than, It is alright,' in one brief email. No explanation as to why they have not sent information .I am so distrustful Ibooked and was holding a cabin with another agent for the same cruise, until that response [[alright'' when I cancelled 3 weeks ago, but since then have heard nothing. If only they would answer and tell me where I stand things would be a lot better.I am in limbo with expensive airfares booked across the world and back and maybe no-where to go when I arrive.
3 Years ago they were a reputable organisation but in the last 9 months have deteriorated.Customer service is non-existent.

Jlb0909's Response to drewrell's Review

Written on: 09/07/2013

I originally had a 9 day Canary Island cruise in a balcony cabin booked,for which I paid 265,000 cruisemiles.Unfortunately I had to cancel and the miles were refunded back to my account. Six months later,looking to book again,a similar cruise was now going for over 2 million miles!Nearly a tenfold increase.I emailed customer support and asked them why they had increased so much and could they please revalue my miles the same way they had obviously revalued the miles needed for a cruise.Got replies but they said nothing they could do.There must be loads of people in same situation with worthless miles.
The price to purchase miles has now also gone down dramatically so new customers are not so badly affected by the revaluation,but what about those of us who saw their miles become almost worthless...we have just been ignored.
I see from the forum that the company is going public next year and we will be able to buy shares.!!!