Hooked on cruising

eileenwalder's review of Cruise Miles - www.cruisemiles.com

“Hooked on cruising”

Written on: 03/08/2012 by eileenwalder (1 review written)

Living in Australia and being pensioners, I spent many sleepless nights trying to 'hook' onto a cruise where we could use our Cruisemiles voucher and afford to fly to the departure point. Finally after securing a cruise from New Jersey to Puerto Rico we decided to build a three months' holiday in the US and Caribbean around it. What fun the next 6 months were planning our journey, sites to see and cheap accommodation with flight specials across the world.
However the highlight of the whole trip was that wonderful cruise on the Celebrity Summit from 23-29 October 2011. Visiting places we had only dreamed of, Bermuda, St Thomas, St John and then discovering the beauties of San Juan, making so many onboard friends with whom we stay in touch, the world class entertainment, the amazing crew and especially the non-stop banquets, snacks and surprise treats!
Thank you Cruisemiles. We could never have done this this without your voucher and now I am have won an auction auction to build up cruisemiles so we can experience another trip or several before we expire as we are well and truly hooked!

Nomoresmoothsailing's Response to eileenwalder's Review

Written on: 01/09/2013

I know you dont feel the same now. I have seen some of your recent comments on forums and I agree with you. What has happened? The company grew too much too fast and supply couldnt meet demand.? When cruises were booked, was there actually cabins available or were they bought later, with other members money as needed? Now theres too many members wanting cabins that arent available, so excuses are made, cancellations begin, as does the speculations that come with NO customer service and answers to questions.

Eileenwalder's reply to Nomoresmoothsailing's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2013

It seems you may be right. I have been trying to find a cruise ever since our last one but there are today only four on offer and they are next year, totally unavailable for us in Australia really as they are all out of the USA and require an unbelievable number of cruise miles for the cabins left. Were those other cabins ever available? I doubt it. I am now totally disillusioned and got no reply to my questions to customer service .