Smiling all the way

megtheminx's review of Cruise Miles - www.cruisemiles.com

“Smiling all the way”

Written on: 02/08/2012 by megtheminx (3 reviews written)

I first came across this company on eBay back in 2009 when they sold vouchers that you could exchange for cruises. Great idea, so I nervously invested in one and booked a transatlantic cruise from Miami to Rome for our honeymoon in April 2010. I worried for months whether or not I'd done the right thing, we were on a tight budget and couldn't have afforded a holiday like this at normal prices, but had I wasted our precious money? I didn't dare believe it would really happen until we stood next to Navigator of the Seas in the Port of Miami, our home for the next two weeks. Well, I am pleased to report that we had the most amazing time being pampered exactly the same as the full fare passengers, and came back to the UK as total converts. We couldn't wait to book another cruise, this time Carnival Magic around the Med in Oct 2011, another great holiday, and now we have another two cruises already booked for next year to look forward to.
The boss [name removed] isn't some remote CEO, he is often to be found on the cruises he sells, and he is totally passionate about his business. His vision has taken his company from cruise vouchers to cruise miles, constantly evolving and expanding to improve the services offered to his loyal customer base. We are now spoilt with daily auctions for a wide range of cruises as well as a thriving online community that meet daily in the forum to discuss all matters cruising (and more). If you've got a question, someone's bound to know the answer. It's one big happy cruise family, and the proof of this is to be found in the glowing reviews on the forums and other review sites. Long may he continue - I can't think of a better way to feed my growing addiction to cruising at a price I can afford!

Jlb0909's Response to megtheminx's Review

Written on: 14/03/2013

I"m afraid to say its NOT one big happy family.There are a lot of people who feel they have been ripped off,after buying cruisemiles and then seeing the prices recently increasing tenfold,making their miles almost worthless.As other reviewers on this site and other sites have said,customer service now is very poor and some people have been threatened with being blocked simply for trying to get their problems resolved.I personally am out of pocket by £1100.

Ozziebroad's reply to Jlb0909's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2013

I am in the same situation
I was not notified my September British Isles cruise was cancelled and emailed countless times to ask why it had ''Deleted'' in my account? No reply for months when I received one sentence- It was cancelled and everyone was notified and offered another cruise''
Not me.
The Forum had a note that some people must had been left out from notification., must have been me.
After many emails asking for an alternative or restitution I have had no response. I am awaiting Roll check on my other cruise 20th August and am very apprehensive as it is only 5 weeks away and no word. I really believe I shall be let down again and with non=-cancellable expensive airfares Sydney to London return I have almost 6 weeks to fill in in UK and all that extra expense.