Written on: 10/07/2014 by raj_vishwa (1 review written)
Cox and Kings European Whirl Package for 11 N and 12 D from 14th june 2014 to 25th june 2014
We would like to highlight some of the points pertaining to our vacation trip with family. Though I might not be able to jot down all the points in one go but as and when I remember any incidences, I shall keep on adding the email in due course of time.
I with my FAMILY (2 adults and 2 kids)started my vacation package of European whirl thinking Cox and Kings is the best tour operator, however please go thorough what and how we had been treated:
1) In London very first day, the bus driver started the dialogue very rudely...."If you will behave well, I will behave well and if you will behave bad, I will also". DO you feel this was required to be said? Do you feel that we had gone there to fight with someone?
2) I was travelling with my wife and two kids 10 yrs old and 5 yrs old and I had been assured firmly that most of the time I shall get interconnected room. I had paid full price for 4 person and was not interested in any discount for kids. I had taken the package from Sales Personnel from Cox and Kings Cannaught place office. However when I had requested the same in London and other places to Tour Manager, he completely denied saying that I have not got such intimation. I kept quite.
Later on during the tour in the bus itself everybody started saying to tour manager that my family has the smallest kids in the whole bus and should be given the interconnected room. He said he is not giving such rooms to anyone otherwise there will be big fight. Then and there only, two newly married couples said that we had been given interconnected rooms which they locked from both sides as they were feeling very uncomfortable as to why we had been given interconnected rooms. It is really ridiculous. Finally at only one place for one night we got interconnected room. Though I heard myself at one location at the reception counter, the hotel manager was saying tour manager that there are interconnected rooms available still he did not provide the same to me.
3) Enroute to Glacier 3000 my both kids started having loose motions on top of the hill. when I said the same to tour manager, he said what can I do for this. Not only this he thrashed me saying that you will miss some of the activities and he does not know anything. Later on, when we came back to hotel, to my surprise I could find that there were atleast 15 people having stomach issue/loose motions and other related issues. When I intimated tour manager the same, he said casually.....OK, I will see and no other reaction.
4) We had gone for Lido show where in soft drinks/champagne was to be served. There my kids and also one of other co-passenger's kids were not given cold drinks as tour manager had given kids ticket for our kids, though we had paid for full amount for all four for booking this package. Later on after going through embarrassment and discussion with tour manager we could get soft drinks for our kids. Not only this, during the tour at other places also we were given child ticket for my kids and other co passenger's kids. Once he was distributing some ticket to us and he asked me you are two adults and two kids then I said but I have paid full amount for all four then showed me his eyes very badly as if I made some blunder by saying this.
5) On prelast night, when one of the senior level person (aged >55 yrs)and we all were having some discussion with tour manager for all these issues. I was just surprised to see how a tour manager can show his finger to him and talk with raise voice. He also stated that I am on contract with M/s Cox and Kings and I do not know anything and am not responsible for anything.
6) One of the most disturbing point.....the bus driver started moving bus and was shouting when my 5 yrs old daughter had just started (infact she had put very first step on bus) climbing the bus from the rear door and tour manager was standing on the front door. Do you think that cox and kings would have escaped if anything would have happened?
There are so many points to write and will be keep on updating once I get time. I would also expect other co-passenger's to write their experiences without hesitation.
I had never expected such a tour manager for such a lovely package. Package was designed very nicely but the execution was very bad. We all have felt that our so much of money have gone waste. Please note that even if 5 persons give such feed back and shows his inconveniences, I shall definitely go to court of law seeking justice for inconveniences and endangering my daughter's life by cox and kings. Cox and kings should know how to behave and what kind of person should be kept for such an important family package trip.
Actually we Indians have mentality of "LEAVE IT / FORGET IT" but I would request all the members to wake up and know your rights and fight for your right. The culprit who so ever it is must be punished or else India will never prosper.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Very good " Read More
Written by claireym.cm
" Easy friendly website " Read More
" Lucas at dial a flight " Read More
Written by frichardson
" Sunshine quality " Read More
" Great service " Read More