Never book with Clear Sky Holidays

Kalifig52's review of ClearSky Holidays www.clearskyholidays.com

“Never book with Clear Sky Holidays”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by Kalifig52 (1 review written)

I am suffering at the hands of Clear Skyy Holidays currently and Ihaven't even been on the trip to Marrakech! The hotel advertised on the voucher a 5 star, is 'fully booked' so they offered another one. The agent told me to google the new hotel. On inspection the hotel looked amazing so we went ahead and booked it with an upsale for an extra night. The confirmation arrived and on closer inspection discovered that the hotel wasn't the one we agreed to book? This hotel was certainly not 5 star, a wardrobe equivelant in one of the rooms was a clothes rack! No spa or golf course which should have been available The hotel, reading reviews was a Guest House and looked quite tacky, a far cry from the hotel we googled which had a similar name to the one booked.On querying this I was told I must have misunderstood! numerous calls later they finally agreed to another hotel but I would have to bear the cost of £60 and they would cover another £60. The only room we were entitled to is a 13m2 double standard, no room to walk around the bed. Asking how this could be a 5 star standard room I was told that the hotel is 5 star?????? really, I believe that there is a certail sttandard to a 5 star room firstly being the size. I insisted that they put us in a Deluxe room , the next one up and they said it would cost us £120 each. Cut this very long saga short, the manipulation starts at the Wowcher stage when it promises a hotel that is 'fully booked' and then they book you into hotels that are a far cry from 5 star. The business I believe Clear Sky Holidays is run unethically and shoddily with their customer service being unproffesional, confusing, contadictary and rude. How this company still exists in this day and age baffles me and would love to see them investigated. Repeatedly I asked them to listen to recordings of my booking and I'm doubtful that any are made just to prove it wasn't me that was misunderstood. They never respond to emails as that would leave a paper trail, I continued to do so to keep a record of my queries. They have put the dampers on a holiday we are taking after 3 years and were so looking forward too...... I would prefer to be fully refunded and want this nightmare to end...of course that is never going to happen. Signing off- Kali, let down, disappointed, upset and stressed

Kezzles26's Response to Kalifig52's Review

Written on: 12/05/2014

Having a similar experience myself, all a complete sham. You think if they are on wowcher / groupon that they must be reputable but far from it, from reading so may stories exactly like mine it's clear that their sales staff must be scripted to say hotels are full, this one will cost £100 extra, etc etc. shambles. Hope you get to enjoy some of your holiday

Kalifig52's reply to Kezzles26's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

Sorry to hear you haver suffered at their hands too. It is so unessassary, upsetting and a waste of time booking with them. Yes you are right, it's all scripted and they don't bend. It has put a dampers on our holiday now but will try and look forward to it.
They should be reported for there unethical sales methods, I am considering it but it will only make me dwell on them more.