Rude, Mis-selling & money grabbing

loustanford80's review of ClearSky Holidays www.clearskyholidays.com

“Rude, Mis-selling and money grabbing”

Written on: 06/02/2013 by loustanford80 (1 review written)

We booked a Groupon deal through Clearsky holidays to Marrakech for 3 nights.
I read through all the T

Loustanford80's Response to loustanford80's Review

Written on: 06/02/2013

(sorry Ill start again this submitted before I had finished) We booked a Groupon deal through Clearsky holidays to Marrakech for 3 nights.

I read through all the T&C's and the deal was specifically for a 4 start hotel called the Ryad Mogador Opera in Marrakech. I called up booked it o problems.. we ended up paying extra for better flights but something like that is always expected with these deals.

On arrival we were put in a hotel called the Ryad Mogador Marrakech.. completely different, less star rating less facilities and a lot cheaper per night, except we had paid for the advertised 4 start. I called Clearsky straight away and a very very rude women refused to let me speak spoke very fast to me and wouldn't let me explain what had happened. I couldn't understand what she was saying and asked to speak to her supervisor and was told no that she could deal with it? I'm not so sure your supposed to respond like that. she then told me I had agreed on booking that the hotel I had wanted was fully booked and I was fine to go in a different hotel AND pay the same rate as the 4 star even though it was a lesser started hotel with less facilities... really? who would agree to this??? She told me she had listened to my phone call and could confirm I had agreed this... it took her 2 mins on hold to listen to the call. I asked her to send me the conversation and she refused saying I would find a way of changing it to make it sound different... really how would I do this?? we were then told to call them when we got back and it would be sorted out... We ended up going to the hotel we originally booked for and found out they were not fully booked.. far from it and were always very quiet in February as its winter there.. we changed hotels and had to pay for the extra nights and forfited out half board accommodation because it was disgusting very dirty in the hotel they had put us in with no proper food and awful; unclean rooms.

When I got back I called them again and they refused to speak to me about it saying I had agreed to this change in accommodation and had agreed to pay the same price as a half board 4 star for a bed and breakfast 3 star instead? I have since learnt that this has happened to 4 or 5 other people. I am currently in the process of claiming my money back from Groupon.. who in fact are brilliant and very very helpful.. please avoid Clearskys at all costs its seems they are just on a money making scheme. I also found out that despite this deal having a 55% discount on it if I had contacted the hotel direct and Easy Jet direct I could of booked the same holiday for £80 cheaper.. what a rip off.. be cautious with these deals especially with this company. Horrible start to a holiday.

Kataleena's reply to Loustanford80's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2013

Hi there... I am trying to write an article exposing this company, to help warn other people of their terrible practices. I wonder if you wouldn't mind me having a quick chat with you, to find out more about the issues they caused you.

I have also had a bad experience with them, and as a journalist, I want to expose them and make sure that other people know how terrible they are so they stop wasting people's money.

Could you answer a few questions? Email me if you can, I could keep anything you say anonymous. The Guardian Money and the Daily Mail website are both interested in this story.

Thanks

Loustanford80's reply to Kataleena's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2013

Hi Kataleena,

More than happy to help as it's about time something was done about them and companies like them. Hows best to get in touch?

What is your email address? (I'm not sure if we can post them on here though) mine is loulou_1980@msn.com

Victoriatristram's reply to Loustanford80's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

Hi - been looking at this website as I'm in the middle of a 'fight' with Clearsky after my parents bought me Wowchers for our honeymoon later this year.

It seems the same practices are being applied - the hotel advertised is apparently fully booked (although I've found availability online), the only option they could offer for the same destination was going to cost us an additional £269 each for flights (this is on top of the £698 already paid for the 3 night 'deal') or a totally different holiday. At least this is the site they told me to look for an alternative holiday on when they said the deal we had bought had sold out.

Sadly, reading the reviews on this site about Wowcher it seems that they are as bad as Clearsky. Really worried my parents won't get their money back - I'm hoping that the credit company will do something!

It was a wonderful gesture for my parents to buy this as we had no money for a honeymoon and with the wedding in 9 weeks time it was a great weight off our minds - sadly it has become nothing more than a nightmare and a distraction when we have so much to organise.

Would be happy to provide more details and get these people exposed so noone else has to suffer a similar experience.

Victoria

Discodiva27's reply to Victoriatristram's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

Hi. Unfortunately like others I only discovered this review centre after suffering at the hands if ClearSky Holidays and Groupon. Looking through these reviews, it would seem to be complicit in ClearSky's misleading advertising and overt mis-selling and deceptive trade practices. I have also lost money through this disreputable company, aided and abetted by Groupon who are well aware of the issues but still offer no protection to their unwilling customers.

I have a lot of correspondence and, if you are still pulling material together, I would be very interested in contributing information for your article. I think it is scandalous that merchants can still behave like this in this day and age.

Also, hard lesson learned for me but be aware the contractual relationship when you use groupon vouchers boight with a credit card to buy goods and services delivered by ClearSky (or any other seller for that matter), this invalidates any normal claim you would have to reclaim your money from the credit card company under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act. My suggestion and what I will do in future is if you spot a so-called deal, price it up yourself online. If, as I subsequently realised in my case, it is cheaper (and more flexible) than buying a groupon to book it, steer well clear of vouchers ans ClearSky for all the reasons on this and other review sites.

Victoriatristram's reply to Victoriatristram's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

I'm very pleased to that Wowcher actually refunded my parents money for the vouchers in full (though I did have to ignore the instructions to only seek refunds via email and phoned to speak to someone!). This was despite the fact that we had missed the cooling off period that they quote due to Clearsky delay tactics.

I did explain the issues we'd had with Clearsky to the customer services lady I spoke to at Wowcher and warned her that they were damaging their reputation. Not sure whether this has been heeded as I've unsubscribed myself.

I sincerely hope that somebody manages to get Clearsky closed down but it seems they've identified some loopholes that they can exploit and obviously have no problem with doing so.