panicking now

podling's review of ClearSky Holidays www.clearskyholidays.com

“panicking now”

Written on: 21/01/2013 by podling (1 review written)

I was about to phone this company this morning cos we are due to go away (via groupon) in 2 weeks time and we have still had no flight times. Based on what everyone is saying on here |I am expecting trouble!!!!!
They are members of ABTA, has anyone contacted ABTA regarding this firm, I want to find out where I stand on this.
I am usually really fussy when booking up trips etc and reachearch them throughly, but for some reason this time I did not.

Kl007's Response to podling's Review

Did u get trouble??

Podling's reply to Kl007's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2013

yes, they have denied any booking with us at all, in spite of me receiving a confirmation email from them, the person I spoke to sounded like she she was reading from a prompt list and it was very difficult to understand her.
Have contacted Groupon, still waiting to hear, then I will contact abta,
will post more as it comes.

Travellergirl's reply to Podling's Comment

Hi,
Hope you get it sorted - what worried me about clear sky holidays is, they say they are ABTA - but don't offer the ABTA no. or an office contact address on their website - I did a search on the ABTA website and it seems that they go under Jetline travel ltd. amongst other names!!! and are based in London - so you should be OK! - I was wary about another of the agencies linked via Groupon - so I rang first for info - they too seemed awful - and soooo pushy! Kept trying to make me book there and then - even though I hadn't bought the Groupon! I didn't risk it!

Podling's reply to Travellergirl's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2013

thanks for that, all info and advice is very useful, if Clearsky think they are going to get off with this, they have another think coming, Will post how I get on, as I said in my previous post I am usually so cautious when booking this kind of thing, don't what I was thinking off this time!!!!

Loustanford80's Response to podling's Review

Written on: 18/02/2013

Hi How was your trip? I got a full refund from Groupon who were brilliant but since then Clearskys keep calling me and shouting at me down the phone because I complained about them. I am now in the process of reporting them to ABTA as I don't think they should be allowed to get away with what they are doing to most people it seems from this review site.