No trip availability on Groupon deal on first day of advert.

Guest's review of ClearSky Holidays www.clearskyholidays.com

“No trip availability on Groupon deal on first day of...”

Written on: 18/10/2012

A deal was offered to go to a Christmas market in Germany to Cologne, Berlin, or Frankfurt. Upon purchasing the deal I contacted Clearsky Holidays to book the trip for four of us. The agent knew of the deal, but not the specific hotel that was included. When asking for specific dates I was informed that there are no direct flights available on the dates listed in the advert and the only flight times would arrive at 23:30 on the first night, departing early in the morning on the second day. The deal for 2 nights/days for a weekend at the Christmas markets therefore only gives 1 day in the city with a very late arrival and early departure. To get even an indirect flight on the Friday I would have had to pay surcharges which was not mentioned in the advert. The Groupon advert specifically indicated Friday departures for the trip.

I was then offered a Monday / Tuesday flight for my weekend trip. I contacted the travel agent by 1pm on the first day of a 7 day offer.

Hunt4Dtruth's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2012

they did the exact same thing to me and meant i would end up spending less days than nights there. The agent then added that i had to pay a supplement fee of £40 each but when i asked where that came from as the small print in the policies said the supplement charge was up to £20. When I asked him to explain where the rest came from, he said he didnt know and that was it. I had to get a refund from Groupon. He couldnt tell me why he was charging me more than what the website had which is a blatant lie. he also said flight prices had gone up in the meantime and asked me who i expected to pay for the difference. Why advertise one thing and then say another.
I knew something wasnt right when he couldnt email me all the flight time information we were discussing but at least now i know and can advice others of them. Stay away from them.

Pennyron's Comment

Written on: 29/10/2012

I suspect from the web site-very similarlarly wriitten - that these traders may be or be linked to deal of the day holidays based in India - registered office in London but wont say where they really are - see Trip Advisor Forum - got ripped off myself -