Resort unable to find reservation

Guest's review of CheapOair - www.cheapoair.com

“Resort unable to find reservation”

Written on: 24/06/2014

Upon arrival to our Jamaican resort in Montego Bay (RIU Palace), we proceeded to check in. My sister received her room key, but they couldn't find our reservation (my husband and I). I actually had the printed confirmation page you get when you purchase your all inclusive trip, but the hotel still could not find our reservation. Upon careful inspection of my sister's print out of reservation vs ours, I noticed that under confirmation ours had UNC where as she had a bunch of numbers. The interesting thing is that I paid and booked both flights from the same credit card during the same phone transaction, so how my sister had an actual reservation and we did not is still mind blogging. So the hotel manager is very nice about it and allows us to use her local phone to call customer service report so we won't get charged international fees, we were on hold for over 50 minutes with a cheapoair rep that confirmed we in fact did have reservations and would work on it. The only annoying things is that she didn't check back with us ever so often to just assure us that things are taking longer to sort out. We were just I'm hold for over 50 minutes listening to music. This can be very frustrating on vacation. Since we didn't know what was going on, we turned on our u.s. Phones and accrued crazy rates to call the same number in hopes to get a quicker response. Another 40 minutes later everything finally gets settled. So we actually ended up staying in lobby with all of our stuff for over 2 hrs.... The manager then precedes to tell us that they always have an issues with cheapoair for some reason. It's just confusing bcos our flight plans were fine, just the resort fiasco. It left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Visit cheapoair.com