AVOID AT ALL COST

Guest's review of CKBTravel - www.ckbtravel.com

“AVOID AT ALL COST”

Written on: 22/09/2013

It all started with me booking online a hotel in Maldives via CKBTravel.com. One of the worst decisions I made in my life. After I entered my credit card details and clicked 'book now' they sent me an email saying that the travel voucher will come in the next e-mail. That did not happen. I tried calling their '24/7' hotline and got through in another half an hour after first attempt. The guy on the other hand told me not to worry about anything and that my hotel is booked from the allotment (whatever that is supposed to mean) and right then I understood that I haven't given him the reference number. Okay, I admit, I might have been their only customer in a while so confusion was not possible, but the guy told me that right now I cannot check by the reference number (reason unknown). The whole interaction left a quite fishy impression on me, and boy I was right. The next day they sent me the travel voucher along with the note that they charged 20% of the stay (not mentioned on their website) and that's it, I am all set. Of course I had my doubt and I called the hotel right away. Guess what they have never heard about the booking. For several days I was trying to find the ends of this plot with the hotel, tour operator and CKBtravel.com staff. As I expected the next day I got an e-mail from the tour operator, saying that the hotel is fully booked and my reservation is canceled!!! I should mention that CKBTravel.com representative, Yaman, was very friendly and tried to help as much as he could, but, at the end nothing happened. They just offered to put me in some very-very bad hotels instead, with no additional charge!!! Really??? The offers were a joke. So this is how they work they have a nice hotel on their website, and they let you book it only to tell you later that that one is not available any longer and you have to stay somewhere else. AVOID.. AVOID... AVOID..
To all who come across CKBtravel.com make no mistake about it. This is not a booking.com or agoda.com or that sort of a thing. They have outdated information on their website and charge you for stuff that does not even exist.

Ckbtravel's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2013

Yes i can not say different that you are mostly correct in your case. You made your request Saturday Night and requested on Sunday re confirmation of it. On Sunday we have received re confirmation from your request, what they revoked on Monday.

About the alternatives offered they were not near the alternative you wanted for your re confirmed request. And you have chosen to book direct after 1 day your alternative hotel.

I have told you also in the communication that we would provide you an extra up on your stay in the alternative chosen. And sins your stay is in October, we did not yet had the chance to compensate you for the hassle given to you by hotel and local agent.

Just to point out, we never claim to be a Booking.com or an Expedia. As you also experienced we are an intermediary between Guest. Hotel and/or local agents. We work with allotments from local agents (blocked volumes of rooms).

In your case it went wrong due to the weekend. confirmation on Sunday needed and miss communication towards us. (Yes we do take full responsibility for that)

And we never ever re confirm any request after re confirmation is received direct from the hotel.

We process a personal way, not automatically generated. And in that way we satisfy all our guest, trying to make a difference, and give the most service and value for money.

Yes we charged you 20% of your reservations amount (what was not charged online and what is stated to you after the request was send (for this resort) and mentioned on the reservations policy). But we have also straight after you choose to book direct with a hotel refunded you the full.

Once again, also publicly personal and the company, apologize for the inconvenience cause and i keep my word to you.