Unprofessional in dealing with problems

Adrian762's review of Broadway Travel www.broadwaytravel.com

“Unprofessional in dealing with problems”

Written on: 03/04/2014 by Adrian762 (1 review written)

Four of us pensioners organised a trip to berlin. We ordered the flights, hotel and transfer (an upgraded transfer) through one company to avoid problems. We even got the ATOL protection so we were covered in any eventuality

On the day we arrived the taxi was waiting and all looked good. The taxi took us to the wrong hotel and we were left in Berlin miles from our correct hotel late at night. We organised a taxi for ourselves to the correct hotel and paid 20 euros. When we arrived at the hotel we tried to ring broadway the next day as we were unsure if they would pick us up from the correct hotel. After ringing many times we got through and were told "bring the receipt and we will see whether we can refund when back in the UK".

To cut a long story short they would not respond and I had to ring and email many times. They never questioned the stupid reasons the taxi company gave for delivering to the wrong address. They said that i had given them the wrong address. I told them i didnt say where to go but even if i did i pointed out that the only address i had was the one provided by them. the taxi man himself must have turned up with the address he should deliver to. They weren't bothered. I even approached ATOL but they weren't able to help.

Broadway just seemed to wash their hands. Not one to give up I persistently chased and at last they agreed a refund of £40 after they had breached the contract. This whole event started on 4th February and currently (third April) it is still unresolved and unpaid despite several chasings. I was told it would take 3 to 5 working days which expired some time ago.

All in all they were uninterested and very unprofessional despite us spending over £700 on a break. They don't respond when asked and certainly don't keep their promises.

I usually don't write reviews but these are so awful I feel I should in this instance as it might help someone

Broadwaytravel's Response to Adrian762's Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and im sorry for the delayed response.

If you are able to please supply me with the booking information (reference number) I will be able to give you a more specific response to your review. In the meantime all I can say at this stage is that we, as an agent work closely with suppliers that we believe are the best companies to work with and who can fulfill our clients needs and supply the best service, at the best prices. We continuously work closely with suppliers to help both them and us improve our performance. However, there will unfortunately be the odd occasional issue and when that happens we use it to improve even further and stop that issue happening again.

I am sorry you did not have the experience both you and we wished for but like I say if you can supply the reference number I can look into this specific issue and reply.

Many thanks,

Broadway Travel

Adrian762's reply to Broadwaytravel's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2014

I think it says it all to answer these points after 4 months. My booking references were (Holiday Taxis reference TDG-3074366 , they did respond well when I was able to track them down) Another reference was MAR300090. The final reference given was 3074366.

I have deleted many of the emails where I chased.

I will be interested in seeing if you are professional enough to reply to this within the normal two weeks lag (or four months in this case) from your company

You have a chance to get some kudos back from an experience that showed how bad you were

I await with interest