Read their Booking T&C's very carefully

DaveSp's review of BreakFree Holidays www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk

“Read their Booking T&C's very carefully”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by DaveSp (1 review written)

Using the Daily Mail Rewards Promotion I booked a short break with Breakfree Holidays at a Park resort Holiday Park. Unfortunately I booked the wrong dates and as soon as I realised this, approximately 20 mins later, I emailed Breakfree to see if I could change the booking details. WHAT - No chance!! I made the fatal mistake of not reading their Terms and Conditions before completing the booking and paying for my break. As far as they were concerned that was that, I either went on the date I had booked or I forfitted the break and my money, all of it. To me their customer service approach is, "the answer is NO, what's the question".
I decided to phone them thinking they couldn't be that rigid and Possibly if I paid some kind of admin fee I could get some satisfaction, but just like the iron lady there was no room for manouvre. I had ticked that I had read the T&C's so I had lost my money and that was that.
Finally I contacted Park Resorts, the company who were actually providing my break,and thank goodness they did agree to change my booking dates for a reasonable admin charge so my money is not totally lost.
Feeling that I needed to let other prospective Breakfree customers know about my experience I posted a message on their Facebook site, not really the done thing but I was very annoyed, anyhow it did spark a response from someone who was very appologetic and suggested That if I contacted them personally with full details they would look into the matter and get back to me. Well I fell for that one as well, yes you've guessed it, I'm still waiting. Typical. So be warned, if you are booking a holiday/short break with this company don't make any mistakes with your booking cos they are only there to take your money, not to help you.