BRAVOFLY

fumingFrog's review of Bravofly

“BRAVOFLY”

Written on: 23/05/2013 by fumingFrog (4 reviews written)

They are useless and very rude. Never heard of having to wait 24 hours for a flight confirmation before. Not very helpful when you have to book a connecting flight!
Bravofly are quick enough to take your money, in fact they do so as soon as you finish your booking on line, but then they send you an e-mail saying that it could take 24 hours to get confirmation and that you should not book a connecting flight until you get the said confirmation. I called my credit card provider as soon as I received that e-mail, thinking that this was not quite right, and was told that the payment had already gone through although Bravofly assures you that the money WON'T be taken until the booking has been confirmed. I called Bravofly to ask what was going on and eventually asked them to cancel my flight,( which is allowed if your flight has not been confirmed). I was then told that it could take up to 7 DAYS to get the refund!
And on top of that, despite their wonderful advertising, it turned out that I booked the same flight direct from the airline for £10 less!

Bravofly's Response to fumingFrog's Review

Written on: 24/05/2013

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re not happy with your Bravofly experience. On some occasions it may take up to 24 hours to confirm bookings as we may encounter technical difficulties with the airline or we may receive a special assistance request.

Regarding what you are saying about the payment, we use a procedure that technically means no charge is made to your card until your booking is confirmed.

You can find more information about this temporary credit limit on our website.

All the best, Sofia

Fumingfrog's reply to Bravofly's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2013

strange that when I called my credit card as soon as I thought it was told I had to wait 24 hours, there was already a charge on my credit card. that took minutes to go through but my refund apparently could take a week!!
Not only that but your flight would have cost me £76 +
I have now book directly with the airline the same flight and it cost me £64
No other booking agent I have used has ever had to make me wait 24 hours for confirmation.
I will NEVER book anything with you again especially as your agents are so unhelpful on the phone