Avoid at ALL COSTS

Guest's review of Bravofly

“Avoid at ALL COSTS”

Written on: 01/11/2012

Trust the other reviews and don’t do what I did and just book with them thinking it’ll be fine and that it’s marginally cheaper with them – it’s not worth it. I take many low cost flights and generally don’t need to change things because I wait till I lock down details before booking but on my trip which was out in Asia, I had to add luggage as well change the flight times on 2 of the flights I’d booked via Bravofly. Firstly they only work European hours, which is no great help when you’re stuck out on the other side of the world. Secondly, their operators didn’t have a great level of English, let alone Customer Service.

The flight I tried to change involved several calls, promises from Bravofly to ring me back (but no call) and finally being told that the flight change wasn’t possible. Luckily I figured out the Airline booking ref from the confirmation email and did the change myself on their website. Unluckily the flight confirmation went to the Bravofly email address, so I had to ring back to get it. There the agent had the temerity to tell me off for changing the flight myself! I said I did that only because they couldn’t do it. He then said it wasn’t company policy to forward booking confirmation emails – what rot! We’ve paid, we should have the email. This airline (Tiger Airways) won’t let you board without it. He relented and sent one and it was fine in the end but god, it was a flight.

The second change was adding luggage to another flight. They asked if they could ring me back, I said I couldn’t be contacted, I was abroad and they insisted on ringing the number on the booking, unwilling to pay the data roaming charges, I asked for them to contact me via email. So they did, emailing me to say they had tried ringing me but I wasn’t answering so could I please ring them.

SUCH a waste of time. Believe me, learn from my lesson, AVOID THIS AGENT AT ALL COST – book direct or with someone reputable like Expedia or Opodo etc.