Worst booking experience ever!

Guest's review of Bravofly

“Worst booking experience ever!”

Written on: 25/05/2012

I booked a flight through Bravofly online last night and only after I had booked did I get an email saying that they would confirm my booking within 24 hours. I have spent most of today trying to get confirmation and when I did get through this afternoon I was told that the flights I'd booked had almost doubled in price! Apparently, there is no realtime booking with this service - they just offer a good price, which I naturally assumed was for a real flight - and then try to buy at that price from an airline, which clearly they can't do.

They offered me an alternative at about £50 more but with a night flight instead of a day flight. I agreed to this and was told that they would call me back in a few minutes. I was not called back and rang again several times only to be told each time that they still hadn't confirmed with the airline. The person I spoke to was very abrupt, the line was terrible and it was really difficult to have a proper conversation as he couldn't understand me and I struggled to hear him. I was told that I must be patient, they were dealing with it and would call me back in the next few minutes, which they did not do.

Three hours later I called back only to be told the system wasn't working. I cancelled the booking (which still hadn't been confirmed). I must have rung at least half a dozen times and on once occasion the person on the phone burst out laughing and hung up! I'm not even sure this is a company; it sounded like the same person every time I called. What a waste of time this has been!