Do not book avoid this site at all cost

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Do not book avoid this site at all cost”

Written on: 17/08/2014

I booked b&b la piazza on booking.com in Pisa. The next day I received an email from booking.com to say that my booking has been ccancelled because the property is no longer operating and that I should claim the money back from my bank as this was pre-paid in advance. The problem is that the name of b&b that took the money as well as 2 transaction charges is b&b de giovanni. My bank doesn't see these two different names as the same property and is refusing to help. I spent numerous time, phone calls and money trying to get my money back. Booking.com claimed first that thry will try and help me to get the refund from this b&b. They ask ed me to provide numerous bank statements to prove that my bank hasn't already refunded the money back to me, which I did. In the end booking.com apologised for any inconvenience and advised me that they can't help me and that they are not liable for it and advised me to get back to my bank. So here I am, robbed by booking.com , 7 weeks pregnant, stressed outwigh no reservation. I am a travel agent and I will warn all my customers of dangers of booking through this site that sells these dodgy properties that take the money under false names so that you cannot claim money back. This is a daylight robbery and booking.com are not liable. Stay away frkm this site ....

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2014

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear this. I would like to see if I am able to help you. Would you please reply with your booking number on here or send it to me? Don't forget to mention this post if you decide to email me.

Regards,
Lissa
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Elenagoul's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

Hi booking.com customer services. Thank you for offering to help. My booking number is 746877009

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2014

Hi,

Thank you for providing your booking number. I'll look into this now and contact you soon by phone or e-mail.

Regards, Kelly
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Elenagoul's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2014

Hello, just an update on this one that booking.com have offered me the refund for the hotel which I hope will be credited to me soon. Thank you for the satisfactory resolution.