No Customer Service

HOUNSA's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“No Customer Service”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by HOUNSA (1 review written)

I have booked two rooms in the Cumberland hotel in Bournemouth for May 2015 the cost of which was £200. I have asked the hotel over the phone if I could rearrange the date they said yes no problem over the phone then when they realised I had booked with Booking.com they apologised and said that they couldn't alter the dates as it was Booking.com's policy.

Booking.com say on their paperwork that it is the hotels policy. I sent an email on the Booking.com website on the 31.07.14 asking for some assistance with regards to this matter this was over 7 days a ago via the Booking.com website, they say they will reply within 48 hours they haven't I am still waiting. I offered to pay an admin fee to re-arrange the date as the hotel was happy to do that on the phone and yet no one has replied to me!

There are 10 months until we are due to stay in the hotel, the hotel is happy to alter the date, I am happy to pay an admin fee to alter the dates but I have not had any reply from the Booking.com website that they will assist me with this matter!

What I have noticed however is that Booking.com say that if I cancel the booking Booking.com will charge me another £200 so I will end up paying £400 why are Booking.com charging the cost of the rooms again for cancelling? I cannot believe this is the policy and I am hoping that someone will respond to me if they see this review on here as I have been trying to contact them and getting no response whats so ever from their contact details. Buyer beware if you are thinking of booking a hotel.

Booking.comteam's Response to HOUNSA's Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about this.
Properties who advertise on Booking.com set the rate/policy of the rooms that are advertised on Booking.com, as well as determining if a guest can make modifications outside of that policy.
While Booking.com requires a valid credit card to make a booking, unless clearly indicated prior to booking, Booking.com does not charge guests (a booking fee or process payment). All details are forwarded to the property, who will process payment within the terms of the booking. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your booking number?

Regards,
Kristen
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Hounsa's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your reply I would appreciate it if you would look into this for me, is it ok for me to put the booking number on this website where it can be seen by others?

Kind regards

Hounsa's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2014

Hi,

Please can you give me your contact email address.

Hounsa's Response to HOUNSA's Review

Written on: 11/08/2014

I replied to Booking.com and haven't heard anything I sent the reply to their comment two days ago?

Hounsa's Response to HOUNSA's Review

Written on: 10/08/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your email my Booking Reference number is 476260765.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Booking.comteam's reply to Hounsa's Comment

Written on: 13/08/2014

Hi there!

I've made the change to your reservation as requested in your last e-mail. You will received an updated confirmation e-mail shortly.

Regards, Kelly