Awful Experience Ever!

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Awful Experience Ever!”

Written on: 25/07/2014

Myself along with my sister and 2 year old Nephew stayed at this hotel; after initially being booked and having a confirmation e-mail and reservation from Booking.com at the La Quinta Inn from 7/22/14-7/24/14. Unfortunately after driving 4 hours and arriving at the La Quinta Inn Hotel we were advised by the clerk that Booking.com has OVERBOOKED their hotel by 13 rooms and as a result we had no room for these dates. We were in town on business; due to my sister being accepted into the MUSC Doctorate program for orientation. Medical University of South Carolina which is a high honor and achievement! After being floored by this last minute news; we were left to stay in this hotel which I will begin by saying the manager on duty, and staff were friendly and at the end of the day they can't help it if they just happen to work in a DUMP called a hotel. The landscape and front desk was the most attracting thing about this hotel! The side walks and railings were old, stained and worn out, guest lingered outside the rooms drinking and smoking all times of day and in the early morning hours, dead roaches and other bugs was seen all over the property grounds as you walked outside! The rooms were old, and smelled of an old musty odor, the curtains were old like something out of the 1970's, the chairs in the room were old and stained we had to cover them with towels, the room had little to NO sockets and had a power surge supply in the room a complete fire hazard! The rooms sinks had mildew stains in the cracks and corners, the bath room was so muggy and looked so unsanitary we NEVER used anything but the toilet; after personally spraying disinfectant and Lysol on it! We utilize the sank area for our personal hygiene needs for two days because the bathroom was awful! The only thing that allowed use to stay was the fact that the covering on the beds and pillows we're clean, but we did find some strings of black head hair in one of the beds; which looked like it could have been from house keeping. They had painted over old paint and dirt on the wall with more paint; which completely defeated the purpose! They had sealed the ceiling with corklin and you could still see where the rain had run down the walls where the ceiling had previously been leaking from, the TV was old and out dated, the entire room was dusty through out upon arrival! The best thing in the room was the refrigerator, the AC unit was old, outdated, loud and stayed on 63 degrees but the room never felt any cooler than 70 to 75 degrees! The breakfast was NOT worth your time it was limited and the only HOTT thing about it was the waffles; there was very little to choose from! The breakfast room area was so hot they had a floor fan sitting inside to try and cool it! Just a miserable experience over all! To top that off Airplanes flew over your head every 5 to 10 minutes all day and night; so you can forget quiet comfortable sleep! This hotel is made for truckers and big rig stops; it's NOT a family oriented hotel at all! It was a awful experience we will NEVER stay here or advised anyone else to as well! In closing Booking.com is responsible for this entire awful experience above and I hope no one ever has to endure the undue stress and displacement in a City/State that they know nothing about because Booking.com over booked us at a different hotel with confirmation but we did NOT receive the option of being offered a different hotel at the same standard as the one we were originally booked for! I have enclosed photos in order to visualize the situation and living conditions we were placed in! I also am in the process of contacting my attorney to file a Civil complaint regarding the displacement of my family and ALL the undue stress this has caused my family and I against Booking.com; who only offered to pay for any extra expenses this situation caused myself and family; being that they are to Blame for it ALL! I'm not only unhappy about the Dump of a hotel myself and my family had to stay in for two days, but I'm very Disappointed in the Booking.com for their part in this as well, and their Customer Service Teams lack of concern and consideration for me and my family! This experience has to be the worst lack of customer service care I have ever received; I'm a continuous user of Booking.com for most if not ALL of my booking and traveling needs; if after this complaint I'm not offered what I believe to be the best compensation or form of apology from them; I will no longer use Booking.com for any of my traveling needs, and I will make sure my attorney handles this situation and prosecute to the fullest extension of the law; as well as utilizing my right to media and freedom of speech; with hopes of this NOT happing to another family!

Very Disappointed Guest!

A FULL REFUND is only Fair in such an awful situation as well as a Apology from Corporate Office/Owner!
Days Inn RM 221
7-22-14-7-24-14!

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2014

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. In overbooking situations Booking.com asks the original hotels to find alternative accommodations with the same quality hotel and same room type that you had originally booked. If you could provide your booking number to me I can assist you in trying to receive a full refund for you. Alternatively, please send an email to us and please reference this message.

Regards,
Brian
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Monae520's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Hello Brian I appreciate your prompt response in trying to resolve this matter for me. I do plan on sending you all the required information/confirmation numbers in hopes of receiving a Full Refund if which I believe we both agree is warranted due to the undue stress and disacement that was bought upon my family!

Thanks in Advance; Mrs. Liggins

Suffearria's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2014

Hi,
I'm the sister to [name removed] & Mommy to the baby toddler that was also displaced by Booking.com's over booking of The LaQuinta Inn. I responded to this issue by previously sending a response to Booking.com's customer service with the booking number/pin code attached. Since it appears that poor customer service is continuing given that I'm being asked to re-send your requested info & re-live this terrible experience again...once more I will forward the previously sent information to Booking.com. I will include the alternate hotel information, given that The LaQuinta Inn never contacted Booking.com for an alternate hotel & my family & I were forced at 0100 in the morning, (with a baby) to struggle with finding a place to stay.

Seriously,
Disgruntled & Angry Mommy
Booking# 546391823
Pin Code 6690....these numbers are attached to the email that I will re-send since obviously the first ones were ignored!

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2014

Hello,

Thanks for providing the booking number. I will look into this and contact you as soon as I can by phone or e-mail.

Regards, Kelly