Cancelation lie from booking.com

Scarletta51's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“ Cancelation lie from booking.com”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by Scarletta51 (1 review written)

Hello,
This is my truth experience from booking.com, I did book a hotel room in Dubai by booking.com on July 9 for July 13. the deal was if I cancel my room by July 12 They will not charge me. But on 12 of July my flight from SanFrancisco with France Airlines got canceled. According to booking.com, If I cancel my room at July 12 I will not be charged for it. I did cancel my room around 17-18 hours pacific times. the booking.com website send me verification on same times but dated July 13. The bottom line They did charge my account and this their my advise to all people who book their hotel room by Booking.com, be careful this website lies for cancelation option. And you guys make your judgment first they offer one things than came out deferent. This is the email I received by booking.com!

Home | FAQ
Manage booking

Dear Abdul

Thank you for contacting the Booking.com Customer Service team.

We have researched your concerns about the fees charged to your credit card by Fortune Grand Hotel and found that the fees are related to cancellation, charged by the property. This was in accordance with the cancellation policy for your reservation:

If canceled up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If canceled later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged.

Cancellation cost Until July 11, 2014 11:59 PM [Dubai]: AED 0
From July 12, 2014 12:00 AM [Dubai]: AED 159

This information is also available in your confirmation email, and on the property's page on the Booking.com website.

If you still wish to dispute these charges, we encourage you to contact Fortune Grand Hotel directly – as the charge in this case was made by the property itself, not Booking.com. You can contact Fortune Grand Hotel at:

Fortune Grand Hotel
Phone: +97142719998
Fax : +97143595522
Email: crs@fortune-hotels.net

Please accept our apologies for any confusion or dissatisfaction you have experienced. We thank you for choosing Booking.com, and hope for a quick resolution to this matter.

Sincerely,

-- Booking.com Customer Service Team

To change or upgrade your reservation, click here.
- Booking.com Customer Service Team