DO NOT BOOK WITH BOOKING.COM AVOID THIS "DISERVICE"

Kymanii376's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“DO NOT BOOK WITH BOOKING.COM AVOID THIS "DISERVICE"”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by Kymanii376 (1 review written)

I booked a single night with bookings.com at a place in Chicago called Millenium Apartments. The advertised price was $92. While we all expect taxes, I don't think anyone would expect a $120 cleaning fee that was not disclosed ahead of time. Hector, the booking.com goon who answered the phone, refused to listen to me and then hung up on me the first time. When I called back and got the same phone-answer, he was unable to help me and put me in muzak wait-mode.

I am just incredulous that bookings.com hid this completely unexpected rather large extra fee.

I finally reached a "manager" named Lauro. All he could do was offer to call the hotel and ask them to waive the $120 fee. He says the information was on the website. As I made the reservation on my phone, the information was not visible.

Stay away from this website.

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2014

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your confusion with our website. I have checked the web page for the Millennium Park Apartments in Chicago on Booking.com and have found that all of the rooms offered by the property have the following information listed under the Pricing column.

Not included (in room price): 11.90 % Tax, 4.50 % city tax, US$ 120 cleaning fee per stay.

Additionally, Booking.com is unable to make reservations over the phone and can only accept reservations through the website. If you had gone through a 3rd party reservations agent then you may need to contact them to ask why they had omitted this information from you. If you could provide me your booking confirmation number I can check to see what I can do to assist you. Alternatively, you can send an email to us.

Regards,