Beware of using Booking.com

ywEmery143's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Beware of using Booking.com”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by ywEmery143 (1 review written)

Hello: First let me say this, I take full responsibility for not doing the math when I had booked the hotel through booking.com. I learned a valuable lesson and I feel that I need to inform anyone who may make the same mistake that I did. When searching for a good value, I came upon booking.com. The only thing that I saw was the price of $99.00. I did not pay attention to the fine details nor did I do the math. I am accustomed to a website breaking down pricing per day. I assumed (yes again my fault) that each day was priced at $99. Turns out that after checking out, that I had agreed to a pricing of the first night of $169. I had called the hotel first thinking there was a mistake. They informed me that the pricing was correct. I then called booking.com about what I had thought I had been charged incorrectly. Their response "We do not break down the pricing individually" and the pricing was correct. I know that I am in wrong for not doing the math; however, I know they are BANKING on that mistake. A lot of people will do exactly what I did. I did do a review for the hotel stating what I liked (which was the view of the fireworks for Disneyland and the comfort of the beds); but, I also stated what I was unhappy with (luke warm showers everyday one was taken). My review was not posted. In addition, I was asked to rate booking.com based on my communication with the customer service. As of yet, I have not received any type of communication regarding my complaint of TAKING ADVANATAGE of the assumption of an individual. That in its self speaks volumes! It just reiterates what I have been feeling and thinking. I am going back to Anaheim in August. I cancelled my reservations that I had with booking.com after I did my homework. I booked a room directly through a different hotel (which is comparable and my opinion better) and I ended up saving a $100 If nothing else, I hope to persuade just one person not to use the website if not a lot of people. DONT do what I did. Please learn from my mistake! I apologize about the lengthy description; however, I did not know how else to describe the injustice I feel without giving detailed info.

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2014

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Booking.com does state the price of rooms correctly on the website. Anything quoted on the website must be charged by the hotel as the price on the website is the price the hotel's would like to advertise and rates are handled by them. In regards to your review sometimes it can take a few days for your review to be posted on the website. This review must be about the quality of the hotel and the room you were given. Regarding the Customer Service Questionnaire, this questionnaire is sent to you by email after speaking to a Booking.com agent over the phone. If you would like me to check on the status of your hotel review please provide to me your booking confirmation number for further assistance.

Regards, Brian
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Garrya75's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2014

I have just received my money. Exactly 1!!!!!! month after I cancelled the booking. The hotel missed to cancel it and they kept holding the money. Nasty business. They kept lying to me telling loads of nonsense, but eventually I was right. They kept the money and never cancelled holding it.

On the other hand, booking.com only assisted them and never helped me. Booking.com never contacted them until I had sent a few messages showing how dissatisfied I was. This was my last ever booking with you guys. You are not a trustworthy website. You dont deserve the people's hard-earned money. Thanks

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2014

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. We have replied to your previous post 2 weeks ago, asking for your booking number in order to speed up the process, but we did not receive your booking number. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us. We're happy to help.
Regards, Angela