Booking.com - www.booking.com Review

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“We made a booking for a studio near Disneyland Paris...”

Written on: 22/04/2014

We made a booking for a studio near Disneyland Paris during Easter and after a 6 hour drive from London we were told by the hotel that they couldn't accommodate us as we were a family of 4 and the room was too small (health and safety). When i did the search, I put all our details, 2 adults, one 5yr old and one 2 yr old, and the studio was suggested; I had also written a note saying we didn't require extra bed/cot (which was available)and gave our phone numbers for them to contact us if there were any issues.
We called booking.com straight away and the agent spoke to the hotel, he also couldn't comprehend why they couldn't accommodate us as the option of the extra bed was there. Anyway, the hotel was fully booked and we needed alternative accommodation, and the agent said he'd call us back. 30 minutes later and no call back so we called again and spoke to a second agent, she said the first had sent an email, even though we told him we had no internet access!
The second agent then said she would give us options of other hotels, and the one she suggested was £200 more, when we asked about this, she said we would be reimbursed as long as we kept the invoices, credit card statements and receipts, and she booked us into our new hotel and said we could go there straight away.
We went to the hotel, but they didn't have our reservation and we were told to wait 30 mins. After 30 mins and they still couldn't find us, so we had to call booking.com again, and the agent managed to sort it out ( after waiting 1 hr from arrival!), I asked the agent to confirm again about what we needed to keep for the reimbursement, and we were told that its not on our records! This was a big shock and I asked him what we should do, and he said to call back in a few days after they speak to the agent.
A week later and we call them up to ask about the situation and we are told that there is a note on our record that we had been told that no reimbursement would be given, I asked to speak to a manager and was refused, I asked them to trace the phone call (which are supposed to be recorded) and was told this isn't possible. They are just covering their backs for their mistake and we are in total about £250 out of pocket including phone bills and extra fuel costs as the new hotel was much further away! Not the best start to our holiday.

Written on: 24/04/2014

Hi there,

I apologize for the troubles you had with your booking. I completely understand your frustration. Please be so kind to share with me your booking number so I can locate your booking in our system and see what has happened. You can either post it or send me an email to us. I'll make sure to take care of it.

Regards, Chloe

Written on: 24/04/2014

Hi,

Hope this can be sorted, can you please provide us your email address to send requested details?

The way we have been treated was very bad, and hence this has we spoken to the Citizens advice bureau and will be speaking to their consumer complaints department. Obviously we would like this matter to be resolved as quickly as possible, so I hope you will be able to help.

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. My apologies again for any inconvenience. You can email me if you don't feel like sharing your booking number. Once I have this info I will be able to locate your booking and assist you further.

Regards, Chloe

Written on: 28/04/2014

At last 3 response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway here is my booking ref: 374493304

Hello,

Per the conditions of Review Centre I cannot post Booking.com email address. However, if you post your booking number, I can then locate your booking and contact you, via email if you would prefer.

Kristen

Hi,

Please send us a detailed email with booking number and reference to this post. Once I receive this information I will investigate further.

Regi

Written on: 27/04/2014

Hi,

Can you please get back to as ASAP?

Written on: 30/04/2014

Any update? I've send booking number.

Expected a call?

Written on: 02/05/2014

hello,

we are still waiting for someone to contact us.

at once 3 response now no one is responding ????

Written on: 05/05/2014

We are still waiting for your response.

Looks like no one interested to resolve the case so i need to go a head and report it to consumer direct...

All don't waste time here all i am going to report to news paper..

soon newspaper are going to investigate this matter

Written on: 07/05/2014

It's such a fake no one came back to us so went and going to complain to consumer court and will drag them to court