Booking.com - www.booking.com Review

Dragonfly66's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“AI have been using booking.com for few years ,I always...”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by Dragonfly66 (1 review written)

AI have been using booking.com for few years ,I always been happy with the choice and service until the latest booking really disappoint me and I feel rip off by two parties.

1. Booked an apartment in Amsterdam through booking.com on 21st march 2014 for one night originally for a present for my daughter birthday , she and her friends want to stay one night in Amsterdam before they proceed to other destination. However due to flight changes and unavailability, I have to cancel the booking straight away and that was 25 minutes later .
Booking.com confirm the booking cancelled. I assume all cancel that I don't have to look at further about the confirmation. These are booked on 21st march 2014.

But then upon checking my credit card statement on first week of April 2014 as monthly check, I was shocked to found out I was charge full amount of the cancelled booking. Although communicated with booking.com regarding this ,apparently there is nothing they can do, as it was Living Capital the Amsterdam company charge me.
When I email living capital, I did have response but they too can't refund me because it already been charge.

Question is: why am I charge full amount on booking which cancel 25 minutes after booked.,it wasn't even 25 hours, and the booking was for a month later.
Apparently this is a policy to avoid cancellation. What do trading standard think about this.

So it wasn't FREE cancellation , I can understand if I cancel 48 hours or perhaps a week before checking in charging me would be reasonable .

Beware of booking with booking.com and Old West Area Apartments.Old west Area Apartments charge me ,the booking.com will get the commission too. Both parties are working together.

Very unhappy single mom.

Booking.comteam's Response to Dragonfly66's Review

Written on: 16/04/2014

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like you had booked into a room with the hotel's non-refundable policy. In situations like those, it is completely up to the hotel to decide whether the reservation would or would not be refunded. Hotels usually have two different policies which include a cheaper non-refundable rate and a slightly higher priced rate with modification or cancellation without penalties before a certain date. If you would like me to try asking the hotel one more time if they would waive the cancellation penalties then please provide me your booking confirmation number.

Regards, Brian