Lack of support when hotel swindles customers

garrya75's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Lack of support when hotel swindles customers”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by garrya75 (1 review written)

I have booked a hotel in Austria, Hotel Markus Sittikus in Salzburg, via booking.com. The information said that "Nothing to pay", only pay on site. They needed my card details which I had provided. A few hours later I got an message from the bank that the money had been sent to the hotel showing the exact amount. Then, later, I went to my bank to inquire about the message. They told me that the money had been sent to that hotel which they proved by my up to date statement. I told them that this was a booking which is not supposed to be paid, but the money should have been held until the payment performed. They told me sorry, but the money was transferred. Later, I contacted the hotel and booking.com about the case, and they assured me that the money is just on hold. I told them that it wasn't true as I had the proof from my bank. After a few e-mails I gave up and started to wait. Now, 14 days after the cancellation my money is still not available so I contacted both the hotel and booking.com. The hotel sent me a reply telling me that they never received money and they scanned me a German receipt showing a transaction cancellation which was made about 2-3 hours after my e-mail. They think that it might take longer to get access to my money. In short, the money has been deducted, the cancellation hadn't been made until after 14 days I had complained again, and unfortunately booking.com assisted the hotel I never tried to resolve the issue but took side strongly alongside the hotel. This is a good experience that taught me something. Never trust booking.com.

Booking.comteam's Response to garrya75's Review

Written on: 11/04/2014

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about what happened and I would like to check how I can help.
Can you please post your booking number for me?

Regards,