Booking - Fraser Place KL - DO NOT BOOK!!

JimPanse's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Booking - Fraser Place KL - DO NOT BOOK!!”

Written on: 10/03/2014 by JimPanse (1 review written)

We recently went on a trip which included a couple of hotels in Kuala Lumpur.
Sadly, booking.lie ruined the experience for me for one of the hotels. When it came to checkout and the bill (unfortunately, I didn't notice this at the hotel to complain there). To my surprise they added an additional 10%!! "service charge" to the booking which was never mentioned anywhere throughout the booking process - the only extra charge was the 6% tax that was stated on the side. So when I booked I thought the FINAL PRICE is what I will pay (plus the 6% tax) and this is when I entered my card details to pay the final sum in full without the option of changing or cancelling the booking afterwards.

When confronting the hotel and booking.swindle neither were willing to listen let alone refund THEIR mess up and non-stated charges on the "final price".
It was pointed out to me that the "service charge" (which I still don't know what it is for) was "clearly stated" in the order confirmation.
When I mentioned that due to the nature of the booking paying in full and not being able to change or cancel, this would be pointless as I'm committed to the booking I have received no further response for about 3 weeks now..

They still do not state the extra 10% charge on their website and are clearly still ready to deceit other people into making the same mistake.

DO NOT BOOK FRASER PLACE KUALA LUMPUR!!

Booking.comteam's Response to JimPanse's Review

Written on: 10/03/2014

Hello,

I am sorry to hear this. Each hotel will advertise if there are extra costs associated with your booking. These details are provided to guests prior to making a booking in two places. The first is in the "conditions" column, while holding your cursor above the blue "?" a box will open to show all charges (tax, service charges, cleaning fees and cancellation policy). Additionally, under the column "Price" the total price for the room and if there are fees that are not included is posted. A confirmation is then sent after the booking is made indicating again what all fees are. I hope I have addressed your concern. Regards, Andrea

Jimpanse's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2014

Hi,
That is exactly my point! As mentioned to several of your colleagues through countless emails (and screenshots) this is not the case for Fraser Place! It states "NOT included: 6% TAX" but no mentioning of "service charge of 10%" anywhere! Even the blue"?" bubble box only states the none included tax, breakfast included and that it's non-refundable and will charge the full amount on cancellation.
PLEASE, I invite you to check on your page yourself for once as none of your colleagues seem to be able to and keep giving me this standard reply which makes no sense.
Further, as mentioned, it is to no use that I am pointed out a 10% extra in a confirmation email when it's non-refundable and I will have to pay the full amount no matter what!
The fact that you state a "final price" and the missing detail of an additional 10% charge is very misleading and I find it disappointing an otherwise pleasant stay is ruined this way.
I'm looking forward to your response.
My booking number was 928799808.

Lastly, I find it curious that I have not been given the opportunity to review the hotel I stayed in on booking.com!

Regards

Booking.comteam's reply to Jimpanse's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2014

Hello,

Thank you for providing you booking number, I've seen that customer service is currently assisting you with an open claim. I'll be glad to take over and provide you with an outcome as soon as possible. I'll be contacting you by email or phone shortly. Thank you again and I'm sorry about any inconveniences caused.

Regards, Salvador