booking.com misleads customers

obsidian8's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“booking.com misleads customers ”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by obsidian8 (1 review written)

the problem with booking.com is that THEY DO NOT ENSURE that the details they display about the hotels are TRUE. Hotels simply submit censored photos & description which booking.com do not validate in any way (as I assume this will hit the revue they receive from the volume of bookings through their website). I used tem for Utrect, Holland and ended up in nothing more than a potential death trap should an emergency occurred.

In my room I had a Television & fridge that were old and tatty (and would have cost about £5 at any flea market), the hotel had a sewage problem that meant the smell was directed straight into my room ( i would be surprised if the room i had was the only room with this problem).

the stairs in the section of the hotel i stayed in were just to steep, in the case of an emergency they are simply a death trap waiting to happen

Booking.comteam's Response to obsidian8's Review

Written on: 06/03/2014

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. While it is true that the information for hotels on Booking.com are provided by the hotels, they are expected to list correct photos and detailed information about their accommodations otherwise they do come under review. If you could provide your booking number to me I could investigate this issue further.
Regards,
Brian
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Obsidian8's reply to Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2014

hi

I have already complained about my booking, this is how I discovered that the hotels details are not checked by booking.com. The accuracy/responsibility of the hotel details displayed on your website is with you since it is your website

Carsonshaun's Response to obsidian8's Review

Written on: 15/03/2014

you are exactly right...they dont describe the hotels correctly, many are flee pits ...old and run down... but new hotels with top shelf fit out dont get their up market features explained correctly either. They also misdirect customers using their up scale fees to sell thos ehoels who pay them more rather than doing what they are supposed to do... tell the truth! Some of their reviews are false but they do absolutely nothing about it...they are driven by their bottom line and not their customers needs.