Terrible Customer service

Guest's review of Booking.com - www.booking.com

“Terrible Customer service”

Written on: 24/02/2014

I booked a short break a month before Travel via Booking.Com and received a booking confirmation which clearly stated our room was GUARANTEED and payment would be on check-in at the Hotel. I never received any further correspondence from them and did not expect to.
Upon arrival at our Hotel in Amsterdam some month later we were told that the
Hotel had cancelled our Booking!!!! No one had notified us, we received no apology, the hotel were extremely rude & unhelpful and could give us no reason for the cancellation. We rang Booking.Com as our 'contract' had been made with them and they refused to speak to the Hotel saying we had to sort it out with them. As there were no rooms available at the hotel we had booked we asked Booking.com to help us by securing a room for us in the vicinity as they have arrangements with many Hotels and we were first time visitors to Amsterdam- but they simply refused to help, saying the buck stopped with the hote!l
D o not use this service-you think you are sage using a known agent and feeling confident that they would deal with problem if one arose- do not bother-they are just not interested and left us stranded

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2014

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. Once you receive a confirmation email the booking is guaranteed and it has to be honored by the property. There is no reason for it to be cancelled without informing the guest. I would like to look into what happened. Can you please post your booking number?

Regards,
Lissa
Booking.com Customer Service Team

Bully1's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2014

As stated I rang Booking myself whilst we were in this awful situation but they refused to help. Now you get a bad review you become interested. I have lodged a formal complaint via your on line customer service via email just before logging this review-to date I have received no acknowlegment or reply from them. Can you chase this up? The booking reference is 874.732.182. If you want further info please email me direct.

Booking.comteam's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2014

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I have located your booking and I see it has been escalated to our specialized team. You will be contacted shortly. Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards, Chloe